About the Role:
Dotdash is looking for an ambitious assistant editor who can help us take our travel site, TripSavvy, to the next level.
We are looking for a digitally savvy content enthusiast with a passion for all things travel, who is eager to drive the ongoing evolution and growth of one of the biggest travel sites on the web. The assistant editor will work with the TripSavvy team to improve editorial content and user experience to ultimately grow traffic, audience engagement, and revenue. This is a full-time contract position.
About Your Responsibilities:
- Review and update existing content, including production work, photo research and editing, as needed
- Assign, review and edit content from freelance writers to make sure our best practices are met
- Curate and promote our best content via email newsletters, across site landing pages, and through content partnerships
- Occasionally write or produce new content in-house, including super shareable/clicky round-ups and trending news coverage
- Work with editors and General Manager to help shape and define editorial strategy, increase audience size, and drive user engagement
- Work with team on ad-hoc projects with the goal of improving content quality
About Your Qualifications:
- 1-3 years experience developing and curating digital content for web. Operating experience with content management systems
- Proactive, flexible team player with a sense of humor, able to roll with the punches and take ownership in a fluid and fast-moving environment
- Passionate about all things travel, and eager to share your knowledge of the world. You’ve planned your dream trip from inspiration to execution, and encourage your friends to do the same
- You’re consistently up to date with industry trends; able to identify topics of interest to a wide audience
- Detail oriented and deadline focused with solid proofing skills. Strong copywriter, capable of writing engaging, lively headlines and blurbs. Prior experience covering travel a major plus
- Undergraduate degree, preferably in journalism or communications
In your cover letter, answer this question: Where would you tell your friends and family to travel next?
In addition, please include your resume.
TripSavvy is a travel site written by real experts, not anonymous reviewers. Our writers are locals with hometown pride, parents who are road trip heroes, cruise junkies who know every ship at sea, and virtually everyone else in-between. We reach nearly 12 million readers every month, and our content helps readers become savvy travelers. We give readers the confidence to spend their vacations actually vacationing, not fumbling with a guidebook or second-guessing themselves.
Dotdash's vibrant brands help over 100 million users each month find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. Dotdash is among the fastest-growing publishers online, and its brands are the fastest-growing in their respective categories. Dotdash brands include Verywell, The Spruce, The Balance, Lifewire,ThoughtCo and TripSavvy.