Digital Content Manager
FOX4 WDAF, a Tribune Broadcasting station, has an opening for a Digital Content Manager to work in our Kansas City location.
The Digital Content Manager will primarily focus on originating, supporting and maintaining a dynamic station website that will grow FOX 4’s digital audience while increasing engagement with viewers.
- (30%) Supervise the daily work of all digital contributors.
- (30%) Work with news management to coordinate the daily news operations for websites and digital platforms, including social media.
- (10%) Set up processes and workflows to enable content to get to all media platforms in an efficient manner, including sales and marketing support.
- (10%) Create, write, edit and publish engaging online content for station website and social media platform. Identify and work “top” web stories to maximize engagement.
- (10%) Manage station websites and social media platforms; analyze analytics and make suggestions as necessary to drive viewers
- (5%) Train News staff on social media best practices; communicate social media initiatives, changes and trends to staff
- (5%) Set digital expectations and hold teams accountable for meeting goals. Conduct performance reviews and provide ongoing performance feedback to digital team
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; equivalent experience required
- 3-5 years’ newsroom/online news experience preferred
- Excellent writing and copy-editing skills
- Must understand basic journalism legal principles
- Excellent attention to detail, strong organizational skills
- Ability to work in a rapid, fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Utilize AP style, as well as best web-production practices and story packaging
- Experience working with online metrics and analytics
- Working knowledge of web-design tools such as HTML, CMS, site development, Adobe Creative Cloud products and FTP programs preferred.
- Ability to work various shifts, including weekends, to support station initiatives