Rights & Clearances Specialist
Location: Miami, Florida
Specialty: Television & Film, Video
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Maintains contract files for all assigned programs/projects and track relevant rights and restrictions informationWorks closely and communicates regularly with production, scheduling, finance and the business & legal affairs departmentAssists on the entry of rights/restrictions into Telemundo’s digital rights management databaseLiaises between legal and editorial, providing consultation and support for rights acquisition activitiesAssists with drafting and negotiating license agreements with third party vendors, including sports, news, entertainment and musical works for use in Telemundo News produced programmingSecures, approves and submits music cue sheets to the appropriate Performing Rights OrganizationsAssists in negotiating fees and draft license agreements with third parties interested in acquiring Telemundo News footageWorks under the direct supervision of the Senior Director of News Gathering and the VP of NBC News Legal and is responsible for completing any other tasks as assigned by supervisor
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
• Must be fully fluent in Spanish and English both written and verbal
• Prior experience with license agreements, contracts, and copyright law
• Prior experience working with a rights management database
• Demonstrated ability to solve problems, prioritize decisions, and successfully manage multiple assignments concurrently in a high pressure, environment
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to travel
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must be able to provide references from previous employers if requested
• Must be “on call” 24 hours a day / 7 days a week
• Must be willing to facilitate personnel requirements including late and/or last minute scheduling changes in a 24/7 production work environment.
• Must be available to work (whenever necessary for show production) early mornings, evenings, holidays, weekends, and natural disaster emergencies.
• Must be willing to travel as needed, sometimes on short notice.
• Ability to multitask and work in a fast paced, dead-line driven environment
• Accustomed to working in a team and collaborating with all levels within the organization
• Effective self-starter
• Proven excellent interpersonal skills
• Creative and highly organized
• Exhibits news judgment with solid ethical decision process
• Exhibits an understanding of social media and messaging platforms
• Ability to quickly learn how to utilize new systems
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
The Rights and Clearances Specialist will be responsible for acquiring third party clearances and implementing rights and clearance policies for Telemundo Network News.