Senior Digital Product Manager
5 days left
- Full Time
Since 1984, Share Our Strength® has led the fight against hunger and poverty by inspiring and organizing individuals and businesses to share their strengths. Today, through the No Kid Hungry and Cooking Matters campaigns, Share Our Strength is ending childhood hunger in America by ensuring all children get the healthy food they need. No child should go hungry in America – we’re on our way to making that a reality and we want you to join us. We’re bold, creative, always open to new ideas and 100% dedicated to our mission. If that sounds like you, we’d like you to consider becoming part of our team.
The Senior Digital Product Manager is responsible for managing digital communications projects for the organization including all existing/new web properties. The ideal candidate should be an experienced project manager with the ability to manage multiple, concurrent technical projects that support our organization and team goals. S/he should also have the technical understanding and background to be a resource for the web developer, and the ability to analyze data to provide leadership on the way forward for our web strategies. Responsibilities include project management of specific web initiatives; collaborating with multiple internal and external partners/clients to understand and clarify issues, needs, and schedules; consulting with staff members on creative projects; all while coordinating approvals of visual identity and editorial standards on the projects under his or her management.
As part of his or her responsibilities, the Senior Digital Product Manager ensures that all online production tasks, including updates to the organization’s websites are delivered on time. S/he manages vendor relationships, freelancers, the Web Developer and also manages the online production schedule and all efforts to gather necessary approvals during the production process.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ably manage technical projects and initiatives that involve other teams, ensuring clear communication of project goals, deliverables and milestones
- Maintain development schedule in project management system and proactively improve workflows and technology to benefit the entire team
- Manage a direct-report front-end web developer and additional web support (internal and external vendors) as-needed
- Plan and manage the web product calendar and road map
- Audit sites for improvements and investigate budget and time-saving measures while maintaining brand and quality standards
- Develop and distribute relevant web metrics reports in a timely manner, and a strategy for consistently tracking and analyzing those numbers
- Develop and lead a web testing strategy
- Managing web cyber security processes as they arise.
- 5+ years, plus 2 years product management experience of web teams/projects; BA or MFA Digital Media, Interaction Design, Project Management Professional (or similar) certification or related degree strongly preferred
- Proven work experience as a digital project manager
- Strong understanding of technical aspects of digital work including coding; demonstrated experience with HTML strongly preferred.
- Hands-on experience with project management & help desk software like Teamwork & ZenDesk
- Demonstrated experience with Content Management Systems with a strong preference for Drupal-related experience.
- Strong understanding of SEO & Google Analytics
- Ability to work well in a team-driven environment, as well as on independent assignments.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail required.
- The ability to set deadlines and stick to them, and to communicate professionally.
- Management experience strongly preferred.