With 163,000 members, 32BJ SEIU is the largest union representing property service workers in the country. 32BJ is growing quickly by organizing workers who are fighting for a living wage, respect, and a voice in their future. We seek an effective and creative Digital Campaigner to join our digital team, support our member communications program and grow the Union’s digital presence. This position will be vital in educating, growing and engaging our online audiences, both internal and external, including allies and new and long-term members.
The Digital Campaigner should be a data driven, and experienced online organizer with a clear vision on how to use digital platforms to mobilize communities. The ideal candidate is a self-starter and is able to work in a collaborative environment, is willing to explore innovative approaches to online organizing, and is personally passionate about our work. Our ideal candidate has a proven track record using video, graphics, Facebook posts and other online tools to support successful union, community or political organizing programs and campaigns.
- Develop and implement digital strategic plans with an eye towards growing and engaging internal and external audiences
- Manage digital channels and creating engaging content – including Facebook posts, social media graphics, video, etc.
- Monitor digital analytics to ensure campaign progress
- Ensure content is optimized for search engine indexing, and update daily
- Track metrics, monitor relevant conversations and regularly assess and adjust program to maximize opportunities
- Maintain message consistency across campaigns and union geographies
- Work to develop new media skills and capacity of geographically-assigned communicators
- Work with website coordinator to implement and maintain search engine optimization strategy across platforms
- Stay up to date and well-informed on new and emerging social/new media tools and services
- Strong writing skills and creative eye for developing content across a variety of channels and platforms, with proven ability for quick turnaround
- Demonstrated experience as a project manager in a fast-paced, campaign-oriented work environment
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines
- Experience in strategic communications planning and capacity building in large, multi-faceted organizations
- Experience managing social media analytics and ad campaigns
- Personal interest in current digital trends
- Experience writing content for web and social media platforms, including the ability to distill big ideas into lively social media copy
- Experience developing or implementing search engine optimization protocols
- Demonstrated commitment to and personal interest in social and economic justice, especially work with union members, low-wage and immigrant communities
- Demonstrated resourcefulness and flexibility in approach to project assignments and planning
- Written and verbal Spanish language fluency, including ability to perform accurate written translations
- Ability to travel, as well as work nights and weekends, on occasion.