PR Assistant Manager
i.d.e.a. is an integrated creative marketing agency and certified B Corp in San Diego. We work with prominent clients providing branding, advertising, public relations, social media, design and digital services. We create powerful ideas that get our clients noticed, shared and talked about.
We are currently looking for a full-time Public Relations Assistant Manager. The ideal candidate will have media pitching experience, demonstrated media placement results and influencer marketing experience, especially within the travel/hospitality industry.
- Write press releases, media alerts, pitches, press kit materials, etc.
- Pitch media bloggers on client news/story angles and manage story/interview coordination
- Proactively create new seasonal/trend story angles
- Create and manage client-specific media lists
- Participate in client meetings and creatively contribute to brainstorms
- Utilize social media to engage with media and influencers
- Manage influencer marketing campaigns on behalf of clients
- Provide dependable, day-to-day support to senior team members
- Conduct ongoing competitive, industry and client-specific research and media monitoring
- Compile client activity reports and recap presentations
- Cultivate relationships with media on behalf of the agency
- Maintain media placement clips for clients
- Coordinate with advertising, creative and paid media disciplines
- Bachelor's degree in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism or related major
- 2-3 years' experience in an agency environment
- A passion for media relations with a portfolio that includes local market and regional press coverage; travel/hospitality placements are a big plus
- A fearless attitude for developing smart, targeted pitches
- Solid understanding of newsworthiness with an ability to spot trends. Must be a daily consumer of news and entertainment across multiple platforms.
- Outstanding communicator with exceptional writing capabilities including knowledge of AP style
- Experience utilizing multiple social media platforms in a professional setting preferred
- Ability to work autonomously, but also enjoy working in a collaborative environment
- Professionalism, attention to detail and a positive attitude are a must
The i.d.e.a. Way
- Health, dental and vision insurance; 401(k)
- Profit sharing plan
- Commitment to continued professional development of all employees
- Great company culture that includes health and wellness programming, weekly in-office yoga, community service opportunities
- Opportunity to work with interesting and meaningful clients
- Producer of national award-winning work including PR Week Awards, PRSA Bernays Awards, Hospitality Sales and Marketing Association International Adrian Awards, among others
- Located in a cool location (Little Italy) with designated parking