Senior Media Buyer
Evans, Hardy + Young is a full service advertising agency, located in Santa Barbara, CA. We are looking for a Senior Media Buyer to work on key national accounts and negotiate Broadcast media – digital and OTT a plus. Opportunity to learn media planning and research.
Key Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Negotiate & place media including TV, Radio & Cable - implement revisions, cancellations, moving spots, opening buying estimates and placing schedules.
- Maintain the lowest rate structure available for all clients and track this cost data to insure an accurate cost guide. Deliver the most efficient costs while estimating the anticipated target audience delivery accurately.
- Execute all buys within client media specifications by the assigned deadlines to insure making all client air dates.
- Execute plans by finalizing contracts and issuing orders
- Update all current, on-air schedules to insure station delivery within negotiated agreement and/or to respond to any new issues/opportunities that could develop
- Post-analyze every buy to original audience estimates and negotiate any additional bonus spots necessary to achieve goals.
- Design optimum buys in terms of cost efficiency, goals delivery and vendor agreements
- Attend meetings with media partners, internal agency teams and Clients.
- Review Assistant Negotiator’s efforts to efficiently order schedules, receive avail listings, check contracts, accept appropriate make-goods and handle any special information
- Stay abreast of current trends and technological advancements
Qualifications, Skills & Knowledge:
- At least 4+ years Media Buying experience in national and/or local TV/radio.
- Experience with emerging TV platforms (connected TV/OTT, addressable, programmatic TV, podcasts/audio streaming) a plus Strong communication skills, work ethic and great attitude for taking on challenges
- Well organized, detail oriented, with proven ability to meet deadlines
- Understanding of media basics and concepts
- Knowledge of Media Buying System such as Strata
- Microsoft Office Software (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.)
- Bachelor Degree in relevant field
Benefits: We offer a wide variety of benefits for our employees, along with opportunities for growth and career development. Outstanding culture and workplace.
EH+Y is an equal opportunity employer. Salary commensurate with experience.