Vice President of Digital Publishing
- Full Time
Vice President of Digital Publishing
Nearly six years ago, Twin Cities PBS (TPT) launched its first national digital content brand, Next Avenue, targeted at America’s booming aging population. Today, millions of people interact with TPT through Next Avenue each month. TPT’s second digital brand, Rewire, targeted at young adults, was launched nationally in the fall of 2016, and is experiencing steady growth and engagement among its target audience. New digital products and platforms are in development and we envision continued growth and innovation using digital products, content, and platforms to extend our reach and impact in support of our mission. Incubated for the past few years in the Office of the President, the new Digital Publishing Unit was created to coalesce and focus TPT’s digital content and service strategies. TPT is seeking a Vice President of Digital Publishing to lead this unit.
As an Executive Team Member, the Vice President of Digital Publishing, will work closely with senior leaders, editorial, business and technology stakeholders, and our end users, to shape and lead the definition, development and deployment of TPT products across all digital media and platforms. You will leverage your passion and expertise to define and articulate TPT’s digital product strategy, prioritizing development efforts across a digital portfolio, and leading the successful execution of those products.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated success in managing and leading cross-functional teams, and a range of experiences working with digital media products, with an acute focus on addressing the needs of end users. While fostering the success of individual product lines and empowering their owners, the Vice President will assert a strong overall vision that connects and complements these products. Additionally, the integration of partner content; development of revenue opportunities, particularly sponsorship and user revenue; strategies for data collection and use; and the extension of products and services onto third-party platforms will be vital to success in this role. The Vice President will also be a thought leader and influencer who, in partnership with others from across Twin Cities PBS, will be instrumental in setting a course toward the continued growth of TPT’s value proposition across the digital landscape. High among those strategic opportunities are:
- Lead and grow the newly created digital publishing and product unit at TPT.
- Lead the development and deployment of two national digital publishing products, Next Avenue and Rewire, which today reach 1,000,000 plus users each month.
- Work in collaboration with other departments and business units to oversee the development of a digital product and strategy that will showcase TPT’s local content and services.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND EXPERIENCES:
- 10+ years of experience leading, or as a senior member of a consumer-facing digital publishing team with a budget of at least $1 million.
- 5-10 years of successful experience managing and leading cross-functional teams.
- Experience as a digital media content and marketing strategist.
- Experience in creating, cultivating and maintaining strategic partnerships.
- Demonstrable experience and success in achieving financial viability of digital media products and services.
- A commitment to ethical business practices and high standards of editorial integrity consistent with the brand of TPT and public media.
If you have the required knowledge, skills, abilities and experiences, please submit your cover letter and resume on our Career Center at http://www.tpt.org/careers/job-openings/
Twin Cities PBS is proud to be an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity, Veteran and Disability employer. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Twin Cities PBS
Our Mission: Enrich Lives and Improve Communities through the Power of Public Media
TPT is one of America’s leading public media organizations. For more than 60 years, TPT has distinguished itself by both excelling in serving its local community and having a strong presence on the national public media stage. Today, it is considered an innovative leader in extending public media onto new digital platforms. It is consistently among the most viewed PBS stations in America; produces major primetime and children’s series for the PBS system; serves its local community through arts, culture, public affairs, and history programs; and is the preferred media partner to hundreds of Minnesota non-profit organizations who co-produce content with TPT each year. With a $30-million-dollar annual budget and located in a community that places a high value on its non-profit institutions, TPT is in a strong position to continue to excel. All of or work is accomplished through an extraordinary team of individuals who are passionate about using the power of media for public service and not for profit.