- Full Time
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship.
For consideration, e-mail your cover letter, resume and salary requirements (required for consideration). MCI USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NYC-based experiential marketing and events agency, a key United States business unit of global company based in Geneva, Switzerland is interviewing highly organized, energetic and technology savvy self-starting candidates with language fluency capabilities in French and/or Italian to serve as an Account Coordinator serving the Account Directors of the agency.
Primary Job Duties
- Assist Account Directors with daily client account management – most specifically with international accounts with clients based in France and/or Italy
- Participate on client conference calls and with in-person meetings
- Participate in staff meetings and concept brainstorms
- Contribute to program/event conceptualization processes
- Assist with the correspondence and management of key agency partners; talents, influencers, restaurant establishments, etc.
- Assist Account Managers and Account Directors with all-encompassing event research, inclusive, but not limited to of the following: Research event concepts, Research and outreach to event venues and hotel properties, Research and outreach to program/event vendors; A/V, rental companies, ground transportation, food & beverage (caterers), etc., Research gifting options for client programs/events
- Assist with agency staff travel research and reservations; car service and flight aviation
- Development/Creation and production of program/event documents; hospitality decks, transportation spread sheets, production reports, etc.
- Development/Creation and production of event collateral; invitations, programs, name tags, signage, menu cards, dinner seating cards, etc.
- Assist with program/event organization and ramp-up; gathering supplies, packing/unpacking supplies, etc.
- Co-lead with Account Directors and Account Managers smaller agency accounts with the objective to further the employee’s account management education, with the end goal to provide career education and future career advancement
- All-encompassing on-site activation assistance and co-management pertaining to four distinct types of events: Event production, Event hospitality, Experiential events, Marketing/Sponsorship events
Account Coordinator should possess the following minimum qualifications and skills
- Language fluency in French and/or Italian
- Passion, interest, and solid knowledge of the following luxury sectors: sports, fashion, entertainment, automotive, food and wine/spirits
- Creative and “outside the box” thinking
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Essential ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and deadlines in a fast paced, dynamically changing environment.
- Strong understanding of marketing and how it interfaces with events
- Ability to anticipate and quickly respond to the needs and requirements of Account Directors, Account Managers, and Agency Clients
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment but also exercise and act upon independent judgment with vision, confidence and a discerning eye towards delivering “experiences” and not just events
- Must have the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and deadlines in a fast paced, dynamically changing environment
- Outstanding customer service and hospitality skills
- “In-event” troubleshooting skills
- Strong oral, written communication, and creative writing skills
- Pre-event organization and on-site event management
- Professional behavior skill set to represent the agency and its clients in a sophisticated manner within and outside of specific events
- Excellent oral and written presentation skills
- Strong Computer/Technology Knowledge: MAC proficient, Word, Excel (not just the basics, but a very strong comprehension of Excel formulas), Power Point, Outlook, and In Design, Photoshop and/or CAD
College degree - BA/BS, equivalent university degree or higher
- Black Flower Agency is a business unit of MCI USA, the United States subsidiary of MCI Group (www.mci-group.com).
- Position reports to Account Directors
- Unquestioned work ethic and great organizational skills
- Willingness to work nights and weekends when necessary
- Ability to interact in a collaborative manner
- Solutions-oriented and creative problem solver
- Eager to learn with a desire for career growth in the event marketing, event hospitality, event production, and experiential events sector.
- Function as an Agency Team Member in accordance with parent company’s corporate vision and guiding principles, including unquestioned integrity, client-centricity and a quest for lifelong learning.