The Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM), a non-partisan, labor-management public policy organization established to strengthen American manufacturing, seeks a Press Secretary to handle media relations. The candidate should have at least two years of relevant experience and possess extraordinary oral and written communications abilities, a successful track record in media relations, demonstrated knowledge of the news cycle, a proven ability to work in a team environment, and excellent organizational skills. AAM offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including a matched 401(k) retirement plan; wellness, commuter, and tuition benefits; generous health care insurance, and life and disability coverage. Please send your cover letter, resume and three writing samples. Specify “Press Secretary” in the subject line.
Digital Media Director
The Press Secretary will serve as AAM’s key point of contact with the media and focus on the full range of organizational responsibilities, including strategic planning, media relations, digital communications, writing, and research. Specifically, duties include the following:
- Book and manage media appearances for the president and other key staff.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key reporters and media contacts.
- Pitch and place stories in news outlets in the print, broadcast and online spaces.
- Write and disseminate news releases and advisories.
- Maintain a database of reporters and media clips.
- Contribute to the organization’s strategic communications plan.
- Set up editorial meetings, news events, and interviews.
- Assist in production of the daily morning newsletter.
- Contribute to digital communications, including blog posts, website content and social media.
- Provide communications support for major conferences and events.
- Coordinate the organization’s relationship with outside consultants in the areas of media relations and communications.
The successful candidate must have initiative, excellent organizational skills and be able to work under pressure. The ability to work independently and set work priorities to ensure deadlines are met is essential. The successful candidate must also demonstrate a team-oriented approach to problem solving and strategic planning. Specific qualifications include:
- Proven track record of success in media relations with at least two years of relevant experience.
- Digital communications skills, including:
- Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, CMS, and Cision.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism or related field is preferred.
AAM is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Apply for Press Secretary
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly