Graphic Designer (Contract)
The graphic designer will produce visual solutions to communicate the most appropriate means of delivering a message. Graphic designers make use of diverse methods including typeset, color, photographs and illustrations to create a general or specific layout. They design the overall look and feel of signage, publications, marketing brochures, web graphics, promotional displays, logos, PowerPoint presentations and general office stationery.
- Develop concepts and designing materials including newsletters, logos, advertisements, flyers, brochures, direct mail, postcards
- Develop concepts for digital campaigns including web ads, templates and social media graphics
- Assisting the communications team with marketing, brainstorming and advertising strategies
- Estimating the time required to complete projects and providing timeline to other departments
- Demonstrating creative thinking skills through rough sketching
- Using innovation to redefine a project’s scope at minimum cost and time
- Consulting with vendors to procure promotion products
- Presenting finalized ideas, designs and concepts to Manager of Creative Services
- Managing and maintaining graphic files, including photos, logos and art
- Other duties as assigned
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills
- Professional portfolio
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to handle projects simultaneously
- Efficient design techniques and a great design aesthetic
Education & Experience
- Nonprofit design experience preferred
- Minimum AS or BA in graphic design, visual communications or related field
- 2-5 years of experience in graphics design and brand development
- Must have a digital portfolio to be considered
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud – Specifically Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Acrobat and InCopy
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office – Specifically Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Publisher
- 20-37.5 hours per week
- Work is performed in a professional office environment; general office hours are 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM
- Option to work remotely after a probationary period
- Position may be required to work occasional evenings and weekends for special programs and/or events
- This is a largely sedentary role. Routine activities and special events may require the ability to lift files, packages and related materials weighing up to 20 lbs. and to bend or stand as necessary.
To apply for this position, submit cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org please label the Subject: Graphic Designer - Contract. Applicants must submit all requirements to be considered for the vacancy.
EEO/AA/Disabled/Protected Veteran Employer. NPTA offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which NPTA has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applicants will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, NPTA provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Apply for Graphic Designer
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly