WMAQ, NBC Chicago, is looking for a Media Manager for our NBC/Telemundo Newsroom. The successful candidate will be an individual who embraces new technology, and is resourceful at developing new ideas for improving newsgathering. The individual must be able to thrive in a fast paced news environment meeting deadlines while maintaining the highest quality of broadcast standards. They will provide frontline, hands on support for multiple clients (News, Digital, Creative Services) using a customer service approach, and following procedures for documentation and escalation. Candidate will be responsible for day-to-day management of digital media on shared servers and overseeing media pushed into on air playback systems.
- Minimum 3 years working in electronic news gathering in field operations
- Minimum 3 years In-depth experience with Windows XP Pro, Windows 7, Dell desktop and laptops.
- Knowledge of broadcast news workflows and technology: non-linear editing using post production software (Adobe Premiere), P2 ingest, video playback systems (Omneon) and file storage (Isilon), as well as transcoding of different video formats (Vantage transcoder)
- Must be willing to work in Chicago, IL
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to this job to be considered
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to interface with all levels of management and user community
- Self-starter who demonstrates initiative and ability to work independently with little supervision
- Able to quickly learn a broad array of technologies and apply that knowledge to real-world problems
- Effective performer under aggressive timelines and high-pressure situations
- Extensive experience working under deadlines with a major-market News Department
- In-depth experience ingesting, trimming, migrating, playing out and archiving news material
- Knowledge of Vantage Transcoder, Omneon/Isilon storage devices, and Latakoo file transfers.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Excellent root-cause analysis and problem-solving skills.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.