Group Nine Studios is looking to hire an experienced Post Production Supervisor who will oversee and prepare post production plans, ensuring costs are in line with the budget, and deadlines are met. The ideal candidate has experience managing and building a vast network of freelance Editors, Assistant Editors, and Motion Graphic Designers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Head of Production in establishing creative standards and guidelines for the post-production team
- Manage the workflow of Group Nine’s Editors and Assistant Editors, providing creative direction to ensure the timely delivery of cuts; provide feedback and recommendations to editors as needed
- Respond to and problem solve technical and/or logistical issues related to the given project
- Quality control deliverables to ensure all requirements are met
- Manage delivery and distribution of shoot materials including footage, releases, transcripts, etc.
- Develop and distribute deliverables lists, as well as confirm and communicate delivery specs
- Supervise production and post scheduling needs for individual shows
- Manage and maintain shared network resources, workspaces, project setup, servers and storage
- Review cost with management to forecast accurate projected final costs for various projects
- Review and keep track of all invoices, check requests, expense reports, and petty cash reports for projects
- Manage post-production archive process and content library
- Maintain documentation for media, software and hardware
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree and 3 to 5 years’ experience in production management for a broadcast network, cable network, television production company or digital media publisher; must also have a good understanding of production workflow and have hands-on experience in clip/field/studio-based productions
- Thorough understanding of production management and operational procedures; this includes working knowledge of network delivery specs. (Comedy Central, Netflix, Facebook, etc.)
- Experience maintaining and troubleshooting servers
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite and Davinci Resolve's proxy workflow strongly desired but not required
- Must have strong project management, accounting, time management and interpersonal skills
- Experience working under pressure while meeting tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Team player with flexibility to accommodate different personalities and work styles as well as confidence to manage interactions and expectations at all levels of the organization
- Willing to fill in as Editor or Graphic Designer as needed
- Must be a self-starter and work well without constant supervision
- Strong organizational skills, work ethic, initiative, sense of urgency, and attention to detail
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
About Group Nine Media:
Group Nine Media is the partnership of four mission-driven, category-leading brands covering food, drink & travel (Thrillist), news & entertainment (NowThis), animals (The Dodo) and science, tech & exploration (Seeker). We're one of the world's largest digital-first media companies, boasting over 5 billion video views every month, while providing consumers 360-degree experiences across web, social, VR and live events. At Group Nine Media, we care about the content our brands create, and if you're a talented passionate individual who does too, let's talk.
We offer great benefits such as medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), PTO, company paid AD&D, Life Insurance, Short-term & Long-term disability, and much more!
Group Nine Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
Group Nine Media is also a participant in e-verify.