Deputy Editor and Senior Content Strategist
- Full Time
The Deputy Editor will manage the day-to-day and long-range development of EEI’s Electric Perspectives magazine in print and digital formats. This includes developing and managing production schedules and deadlines; proposing, writing, and editing content; working with authors, reviewers, member company stakeholders, and designers; managing external ad sales; and overseeing vendor relationships.
The Deputy Editor also will develop content for a variety of communications materials, including talking points, issue overviews, presentations, speeches, newsletters, and infographics. Additional responsibilities include researching emerging trends and opportunities in multimedia publishing; tracking and improving engagement metrics; cultivating subscription and distribution lists; and providing communications support during storms and other emergency events.
The successful applicant will have:
- College degree in public relations, mass communication, journalism or a related field.
- Minimum of five years of experience in magazine production, editing, and writing at a trade association, public relations firm, or publisher.
- Expertise in project management, publication workflow, graphic design and online publishing.
- Excellent writing and editing skills, with a knack for synthesizing complex content for multiple audiences and writing persuasively, quickly, and accurately in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment.
- The ability to work well with internal and external teams is essential.
- Energy experience is a plus.