Senior Marketing Associate
- Full Time
Who We Are
"The advancement of science should be the chief concern of a nation that would conserve and increase the welfare of its people."
-James McKeen Cattell, former AAAS President and Editor of Science
The American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) is an international non-profit organization dedicated to advancing science for the benefit of all people. For over a century, AAAS has been a force for science, from helping to establish science as a credible field in the 19th century to using satellite imaging technology to document human rights abuses in 2007. We are recognized as the world’s largest general scientific society and the proud publisher of the Science family of journals. Past presidents have included astronomer Edward Charles Pickering, anthropologist Margaret Mead, and biologist Stephen Jay Gould. Our mission is centered on the belief that STEM research and education can help solve many of the challenges the world faces today.
AAAS is a culture steeped in history, but adaptive to change and new ideas. We recognize the hard work of our employees and encourage the development of our staff. Our colleagues represent an array of expertise from scholarly publishing to digital marketing, educational research to government relations, all with a shared focus on mission. At AAAS, you are part of a talented team, dedicated to advancing science and serving society.
Work with Us
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Marketing Associate in the Office of Publishing based in Washington, DC to oversee the marketing strategy both nationally and internationally for a selection of journals within the Science family of journals portfolio and our Science Partner Journals program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and manage marketing strategy and campaigns to grow article submissions to meet revenues goals
- Track and analyze marketing and journal data to monitor key performance indicators with the goal of positively affecting these KPIs
- Provide monthly reports to stakeholders on progress of various campaigns and associated impact to achieving associated goals
- Work with key stakeholders on audience and author related research, gap analysis, and development of marketing plans to fill these voids
- Organize the creation of marketing collateral for project needs with Senior Designer and project manage the process between stakeholders
- Manage trade agreement or sponsorship contracts with outside vendors/associations.
- Stay up-to-date with industry developments and tools
- Extensive University or college-level training leading to a Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or another relevant field
- A minimum of four to five years of experience working in a marketing department or agency; experience with journal publications a plus
- Highly organized and self-motivated; able to manage and prioritize multiple projects
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Knowledge of various marketing platforms and their utilization for promotions (i.e. print, online, social media)
- Background managing external vendors such as printers, copywriters, and designers
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Client management experience highly desirable
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of project management software (i.e. BaseCamp) a plus
- Knowledge of HTML a plus
Interested candidates should submit a resume and brief cover letter outlining qualifications and interest in the position May 11, 2018 Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. If we think you might be a good fit for the role, we will contact you with next steps.
Visit https://www.aaas.org/ to learn more about what we do.
AAAS is an EEO employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected category. AAAS uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees.