Media Strategist, Hospitality
Nadine Johnson & Associates (NJA) is seeking a Media Strategist to work within our dynamic Hospitality team, representing an eclectic client base in the U.S. and worldwide. The ideal candidate will have functional experience working with hotels, food and beverage clients and individuals within the luxury sphere.
Desired experience/skills include:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in PR and media relations, ideally within the fashion, luxury or hospitality spheres
- Proactive self-starter, with the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Thrives within and actively contributes to a close-knit team
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Deep understanding and knowledge of the travel, tourism, restaurant, international and cultural landscapes
- Creative and solution-oriented thinker, with a passion for elocution, storytelling, and good journalism
- Understanding of media landscape and relevant outlets, both domestic and international
- Strong research, writing, and organizational skills
- Technical skills: proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint and Google Suite
We look for a diversity of skills that goes beyond traditional PR experience; i.e. what each candidate brings to the conversation: where they have lived, worked, volunteered; how up to date they are on trends; what they read; what events they attend/have attended; what knowledge they have on brands and the perception of those brands in the marketplace.
Nadine Johnson & Associates is a collaborative, tight-knit practice, with clients based in the U.S, Asia, Europe, and South America, providing tactical counsel, event planning, image/brand consulting, and strategic media outreach utilizing a handpicked team of associates, strong media contacts worldwide and the ability to work effectively across all platforms, including traditional media, online and social media. Though diverse in size and emphasis, clients are culled from the highest echelons of the art & culture, hospitality, real estate, architecture & design, fashion, entertainment, business and media industries.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Comprehensive health, dental and vision benefits. To apply, please send resume and cover letter with Hospitality Candidate in the subject line.