- Full Time
- Writes, edits and maintains editorial and marketing content related to HIAS news, achievements, field work and special events.
- Writes and edits blog posts, emails, newsletters, press releases, statements, and other material with input from Policy and Advocacy, Community Engagement, Development and Programs staff.
- Manages communications projects to support HIAS’ fundraising, marketing and advocacy campaigns.
- Works with internal resources and outside vendors to develop marketing and promotional collateral including graphics, advertising, brochures and posters.
- Assists with management of HIAS social media presence.
- Manages the development and implementation of traditional and digital media campaigns.
- Analyzes data and reports on marketing and advertising efforts.
- Promotes and maintains HIAS’ brand internally and externally.
- Participates in ongoing development of HIAS’ communications strategy, training of staff in communications best practices.
- Contribute to HIAS’ international communications.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Undergraduate degree, preferably in relevant field.
- 5-7 years of experience in communications, public relations, journalism, or media.
- Subject matter expertise in refugee and/or asylum issues preferred.
- Excellent writing, copy-editing and interpersonal communications skills.
- Experience in marketing and communications; experience creating blog content and email communications; experience managing social media.
- Experience working or volunteering with a Jewish organization preferred.
- Knowledge of AP STYLE; experience with Google Analytics and other analytical tools preferred.
- Experience with online advertising preferred.
- Ability to collaborate and also work independently.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and project management skills; ability to oversee outside vendor issues when necessary.
- Ability to multi-task and problem solve diverse issues.