Serve as a member of the Communications and Marketing Team working to build awareness and enhance the image of Touro College to key audiences , including students, potential students, parents, alumni, important players in academia. Use traditional public relations strategies to pitch stories to local, national, trade and specialized media and develop content strategy to boost engagement through social media. With Executive Director, establish strategic direction for content development and create, integrate, disseminate, measure and re-purpose content through all College channels, including web, social media and marketing campaigns.
- Write and distribute press releases, seek out news angles and pitch stories to traditional and digital media outlets. Develop and maintain relationships with journalists, reporters, editors, bloggers in the community, general consumer, health, higher ed space
- Re-purpose editorial content across media platforms, selecting the most effective communications medium to achieve organizational goals.
- Write and develop content and visual elements/graphics for e-newsletters
- Create and update PR content and graphics in content management system
- Utilize Google Analytics, Facebook Insights and other tools as needed to track analytics and performance.
- Create and manage an editorial and social media calendar to ensure timely publication of Touro stories and features (student and faculty achievements, Touro initiatives and events, etc.)
- Edit, write, and assign blog posts and web content to social media interns/ambassadors
- Create style guides to use as reference
- Work with social media consultant to incorporate content in social media posts and boost as needed
- Work with student social media interns/ambassadors to share Touro content and help identify new stories of interest
- Collaborate with social media interns/ambassadors and consultant on social specific features such as Facebook live, Instagram stories, etc.
- Monitor web traffic and engagement (e.g. conversions and bounce rates
- Coordinate with marketing and design teams to illustrate articles through infographics, photos, and videos
- Follow industry-related news and generate ideas around trending topics
- Bachelors in Communications, Public Relations, English or Mass Communication
- Knowledge and experience with visual storytelling
- Understanding of and experience with all social media platforms
- Ability to re-purpose content on multiple channels for maximum exposure
- Ability to use analytics to measure PR and content activities, develop tracking metrics that serve Touro’s needs
- Ability to devise a content strategy that reaches students, parents and intended audience
- Familiarity with social monitoring, analyzing data and tracking results
- Ability to create basic graphics/info-graphics for use in PR and social media. Knowledge of video creation a plus.
- Understanding of basic SEO principles and ability to implement these to help achieve higher web rankings.
- Knowledge of coding basics—HTML and CSS, familiarity with WordPress, and ability to update and format content.
- Extensive time sitting and standing
- Able to lift up to 5 lbs
Touro College and University System is committed to providing all persons equal opportunity in education and employment, and to ensuring a safe and non-discriminatory educational and work environment in compliance with Title IX of the Higher Education Amendments of 1972 (“Title IX”), Title VI and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Violence Against Women Act (“VAWA”), the New York State Education Law, and other applicable laws. It is the policy of the College to prohibit unlawful discrimination in employment and in the administration of College programs, services, activities, and admissions on the basis of race, religion, sex, color, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Apply for Communications Specialist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly