Location: El Paso, Texas
Specialty: Television & Film, Video
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Telemundo 48 El Paso KTDO seeks an Executive Producer who is responsible for assisting the news director with newsroom operations, supervision and management, including editorial supervision of content on multi-platform content delivery newscasts and news programs.
• Work directly with News Director, Assignment Editors, Producers, Anchors, MMJ’s and production crews in overall news content production.
• Carry out news editorial mission; executing the daily strategy by setting expectations and holding staff accountable.
• Responsible for editorial content of all platforms produced by Telemundo including broadcast, web, social media and out-of-home.
• Supervise editorial content of all news products on multi-platform deliveries.
• Work on news staff scheduling and long-range planning.
• Supervise assignment desk, news producers and news production staff.
• Work with MMJ’s, anchors and reporters to improve story content and presentation.
• Editing skills to edit video clips, packages and news content for news casts and digital media.
• Able to write news scripts, promotional teasers, headlines and topicals.
• Will serve as a back-up producer and assignments editor as needed.
• Have a full understanding of current events and Telemundo tools to help achieve daily goals.
• Have difficult conversations showing respect and preserving the relationship.
• Identify developmental needs while teaching and training employees to improve.
• Anticipate barriers and problems for employees and help remove obstacles.
• Provide constructive criticism and feedback to all employees as needed.
• Have a full understanding of all newsroom systems making suggestions to improve or replace outdated inefficient systems.
• Work with departments; promotions, production, engineers, creative service, IT and building maintenance to create the most accurate, relevant and compelling local news coverage.
• Maintain open dialogue with producers, reporters, assignment editors, photographers and anchors.
• Knowledge of and enforcement of Telemundo News standards and ethics.
• Display strong editorial judgment, be an excellent writer and respond to breaking news situations.
• Recruit and interview producers, content producers and production assistants.
• Run editorial meetings in the absence of News Director.
• Approve reporter package scripts.
• Final script approval and print for newscasts.
• A minimum of 2 years of experience as broadcast Producer.
• Minimum 3 years of experience writing, producing and desktop editing.
• At least 1 year prior news editing experience.
• Demonstrated knowledge of AP style writing and guidelines.
• 2 to 4 years Executive News Producer experience.
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) both written and verbal.
• Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications or related field and/or equivalent work experience.
• Willing to work in the El Paso, TX area.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Be available to work evenings, weekends and holidays as required.
• Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV on www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
• Excellent news judgment .
• Experience as a Producer in a major market for television, web based news service, or mid-sized market EP.
• Ability to communicate effectively and work well with people while under pressure.
• Knowledge of laws of libel, slander and applicable FCC rules and regulations.
• Ability to work on multiple tasks and stories simultaneously in a fast paced environment.
• Ability to react to breaking news, updating the news as stories evolve and write intros and leads to video online content.
• Knowledge and understanding of various media platforms, including broadcast, web and mobile.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Positive work ethic and can work under tight deadlines.
• High degree of integrity and professionalism.
• Team player who can also work independently and is a self-starter.
• Solid leadership skills.
• Strong organizational skills.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Telemundo Station Group, part of the NBCUniversal Owned Television Stations division of NBCUniversal, is comprised of 28 owned television stations in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. Producing and broadcasting more than 7,000 hours of unique and relevant local content each year, including award-winning news, public affairs, and entertainment programming, Telemundo Station Group serves Spanish-speaking viewers in the metropolitan areas of Los Angeles, San Diego, New York, Miami-Fort Lauderdale, Fort Myers, Orlando, Tampa, Houston, Dallas-Fort Worth, El Paso, McAllen, Chicago, San Francisco Bay Area, San Antonio, Phoenix, Harlingen, Fresno, Denver, Philadelphia, Las Vegas, Boston, Tucson, Washington, DC, Connecticut, and Puerto Rico. In Addition, Telemundo Station Group operates TeleXitos, the national multicast network that offers viewers popular action and adventure television series and feature films in Spanish. The group also provides support to Telemundo affiliates across the country and manages dedicated local websites and applications, as well as a robust digital out-of-home operation.