Location: El Paso, Texas
Specialty: Television & Film, Video
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
The Content Producer will work closely with the Executive Producer, Assignment Editors, Reporters and Anchors.
Will be responsible for the production of assigned news content by writing, editing and in some cases video recording the material for broadcast and all digital platforms. Will be responsible for the overall coverage of assigned stories on all platforms throughout the day.
• A degree in Broadcasting, Journalism or related field.
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience writing in a broadcast or cable news environment.
• Bilingual, Spanish language proficiency (reading and writing).
• Applicants must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
• Must have a flexible schedule with ability to work any of a 24x7 shifts and willingness to work long hours and on weekends and holidays with short notice.
• Must be willing to work in El Paso, TX.
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Must have a valid Driver’s License.
• Strong news writing skills.
• Ability to write, edit, produce and gather content under heavy deadline pressure, without compromising accuracy or credibility.
• Significant experience in a news environment.
• Strong journalistic skills.
• Knowledge and understanding of various media platforms, including broadcast, web and mobile.
• Strong computer skills, with basic understanding of multi-media file formats.
• A pioneering spirit with the desire the learn emerging technologies.
• Passion to develop and present story ideas.
• Invested and engaged in the local community and authentically understands and represents the local viewer.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Telemundo Station Group, part of the NBCUniversal Owned Television Stations division of NBCUniversal, is comprised of 28 owned television stations in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. Producing and broadcasting more than 7,000 hours of unique and relevant local content each year, including award-winning news, public affairs, and entertainment programming, Telemundo Station Group serves Spanish-speaking viewers in the metropolitan areas of Los Angeles, San Diego, New York, Miami-Fort Lauderdale, Fort Myers, Orlando, Tampa, Houston, Dallas-Fort Worth, El Paso, McAllen, Chicago, San Francisco Bay Area, San Antonio, Phoenix, Harlingen, Fresno, Denver, Philadelphia, Las Vegas, Boston, Tucson, Washington, DC, Connecticut, and Puerto Rico. In Addition, Telemundo Station Group operates TeleXitos, the national multicast network that offers viewers popular action and adventure television series and feature films in Spanish. The group also provides support to Telemundo affiliates across the country and manages dedicated local websites and applications, as well as a robust digital out-of-home operation.