Social Media Designer (Contractor)
For full consideration, please include a link to your portfolio in your cover letter or resume.
The Social Media Designer supports social and creative teams on creating best-in-class social content shared on PBS owned channels that help bring campaigns to life in engaging ways. The candidate will partner with cross-functional social, digital and creative teams, and conceptualize, produce and execute on-brand content for all social platforms (primarily Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and other social partner channels) as needed.
- Develop creative content for PBS master brand on social platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Intagram and Tumblr.
- Partner with Social, Digital and Creative team members to create compelling social pieces
- Help develop social content campaigns for digital experiences, show launches and finales, tentpole programming, and other digital/social initiatives
- Get creative with raw and promotional video and photography, turning it into world-class engaging content for organic and paid social media
- Conceptualize, produce and execute multiple creative outputs, including but not limited to:
- Standard static image and text posts
- Animated, stop motion, cinemagraph and composited imagery
- Re-cuts of promotional videos
- Social optimized and kinetic style videos
- Instagram and Snapchat expiring/authentic formatted content
- Social media and digital skins, including cover and profile photo development, web carousel images, and video headers
- Lead development of thematic types of posts including countdown assets, quote cards, cast or character cards, infographics and tune in.
- Project manage social content, source raw assets for development of creative, and route to appropriate stakeholders for approval
- Assist in making finished assets available to partners and stations via file management platforms
- Collaborate with multiple departments to execute original graphics and video concepts
- Assist in capturing content for social media shoots and other events
- Work with internal stakeholders and outside agencies to gather assets and upload them for publication.
- Manage project calendars by keeping track of delivery and publication dates.
- Identify imagery, video selects and source materials from cross functional teams
- Design and retouch social posts or make modifications to existing creative as needed
- Assist in ongoing development and updates of social creative guidelines to ensure consistent look and feel across platforms
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams on all content, guided by overall brand and program objectives
- 3-4 years of experience producing custom social content within agency or in-house social teams
- Strong social content portfolio showcasing a range of themes, style and formats
- Strong typography and illustration/image manipulation skills
- Photography, design, video editing and motion-graphics skills with a keen eye for taste level and unique executions.
- Demonstrated experience conceptualizing and executing impactful, engaging creative for digital/social platforms across static, animation and videos native to social platforms
- Must have an adaptable writing and content style for range of programs
- Highly organized, proactive, multifaceted, capable of working on concurrent projects and able to communicate effectively to digital team members, vendors, and executives.
- Highly skilled in Adobe Creative Suite - After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign,
- Ability to understand business objectives to guide execution.
MINIMUM EDUCATION/TRAINING REQUIRED:
- Bachelor degree in Graphic Communications Design or related field
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
PBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Women, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities