Ad Sales Planner
- Full Time
Under general supervision, the Ad Sales Planner works closely with corporate and/or regional advertising sales staff to facilitate the selling of media advertising by providing plans, research and marketing elements that meet the needs of clients and agencies.
MINIMUM POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops proposals, presentations and packages to address the priorities and preferences of assigned market segments.
- Works with assigned Account Executive/National Accounts Manager and Pricing and Planning team to understand scope of proposal requests in order to independently build and develop customized proposals and related client sales presentations.
- Submits completed and approved proposals/presentations, plans and related packages to the Account Executive to be presented to prospective advertisers with review and approval from sales management, including appropriate make-good provisions.
- Reviews proposals going to order to confirm inventory and added value opportunities remain available.
- Monitors and tracks all ordered schedules through the sales cycle to ensure that inventory and added value commitments are delivered and that all deal points are adhered to per the expectations of the clients and/or agencies.
- Creates campaign wrap-up/review documentation as assigned.
- Maintains and distributes a weekly summary of working and ordered proposals for sales management team, including budget, flight, inventory and added value opportunities.
- Develops materials to help Account Executives track year over year pacing, existing orders and campaign delivery. Participates in other support-related activities for assigned Account Executives including appointment management and prospecting activities.
- Monitors ordered schedules for delivery and priorities available inventory for make-goods on an account by account basis according to pre-determined account parameters. Communicates make-good schedules and receives approvals for schedules from client representatives.
- Updates all related liability documentation for sales management.
- Reassigns and re-expresses scheduled inventory and added value as needed due to schedule and inventory changes during the course of the ordered campaign.
- Communicates with various departments (i.e. traffic, marketing, creative services, research) during the sales cycle to aid Account Executives and ensure accuracy of advertising campaigns.
- Communicates all schedule changes and receives approvals from clients for any revisions made to an ordered schedule. Confirms that schedule changes have been correctly implemented within the sales and traffic systems.
- Partners with and supports other Sales Planners, Coordinators and Pricing and Planning management as needed.
OTHER POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs other duties as assigned
MINIMUM POSITION QUALIFICATIONS:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to recognize discrepancies and resolve problems quickly
- Ability to use judgment and reasoning skills, and determine when issues need to be escalated
- Excellent relationship building, customer service and follow-up skills
- Solid interest in the outdoors and comfort with hunting and fishing sports
- Superior sales, presentation, and communication skills
- Analytical perspective and familiarity with basic media research tools
- Attention to detail with excellent organization and time management skills
- Basic math skills
- Must be internal and external customer focused
Education or Formal Training
- High school diploma required. Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in related field preferred
- Generally requires a minimum of three (3) to four (4) years of experience in cable TV industry sales and marketing required
- Required proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, strong Power Point skills. Familiarity with and understanding of CRM, Clearslide, WideOrbit Network or other relevant sales management systems preferred.