HBO Associate Manager, Marketing Campaigns & Data Operations
HBO is seeking a Marketing Campaign and Data Operations Associate Manager to join their Consumer Marketing team. Responsible for ensuring a high state of data readiness to support HBO’s data-driven marketing campaigns, this role will be the critical bridge between our marketing strategy and the enabling data and technology needed to execute against it.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the continuous flow of data to support our multi-channel customer journeys, ensuring (for example) the timely send of trigger based email campaigns, the supply of data to media agencies and publishing partners (eg Facebook), and the flow of data through the marketing technology ecosystem (including a new messaging platform and DMP).
In addition to supporting the day-to-day operational needs of the marketing team, the successful candidate will be designing and deploying campaigns through cross channel platforms (ie. Braze).
- Ensure timely data supply to support marketing campaign execution across marketing channels, including email, mobile messaging, and paid media.
- Deploy campaigns in market.
- Interpret requirements for campaign execution from strategy teams
- Design and build adhoc, canvas (customer journey) and trigger based campaigns
- Support and coordinate campaign deployment
- Build and maintain operational readiness of the data driven pipeline for marketing across data collection, organization, reporting and analysis, and marketing activation.
- Represent marketing requirements across all data collection points, including in-app, on-site, media, and customer service.
- Ensure relevant data supply from upstream sources, with an eye on new data sources as relevant.
- Partner with data and analytics teams to ensure operational readiness and ongoing evolution of marketing analytics environment.
- Identify and represent data validation requirements and address data quality issues as they arise.
- Maintain closed-loop reporting pipeline to support the timely publishing of campaign reports and dashboards.
- Identify operational analytics requirements and work with data and analytics teams to build capability and processes to support these.
- Ensure data readiness of customer interaction channels; including in-app, on-site, paid media, email, mobile messaging, and more.
- Ensure effective deployment of decisioning logic and orchestration across communications channels.
- Understand marketing interests, interfacing between business and technical teams.
- Facilitate the definition of the data architecture from a marketing perspective including:
- Work with internal data delivery teams and constituents, including HBO’s technology and analytics teams.
- Work with external partners and agencies across paid media, mobile apps, microsites and other channels.
- Define data delivery end points for both internal and external partners
- Hands-on experience managing data operations to support marketing campaigns, ideally within a digital centric, multi-channel marketing ecosystem
- Experience with Email Service Providers, Data Management Platforms, Mobile Messaging Platforms and publishers like Facebook.
- Deep understanding of the end-to-end data supply chain.
- Bachelors degree, Masters level degree well regarded
- Exceptionally strong analytical skills
- Solid project management and organizations skills
- Can thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Confident and articulate communicator, capable of inspiring strong collaboration in the organization