Senior Social Media Manager
Does creating and executing robust social media content and campaigns speak to your creative side?
Does writing and developing engaging visual and written content for (put that here i.e. Facebook, Instagram, etc.) come naturally to you?
Would a career in the K-12 educational landscape add purpose to your day?
HMH is excited to fuel marketing strategies with rich, meaningful content, highlighting best-in-class research, thought leadership, and innovation. We are looking for a Sr. Social Media Manager. The ideal candidate is a strategic and driven social media and digital marketing expert. Under the leadership of the Content Marketing Director, the Sr. Social Media Manager will play an instrumental role in developing and executing audience-focused social media brand strategies designed to increase engagement and grow brand awareness. The content you will develop will be targeted to teachers, curriculum directors, and other school leaders.
In the Sr. Social Media Manager role, you will:
- Design and continuously evolve a social media strategy that grows HMH’s brand reputation, engagement, reach, audience and, as a result, conversion.
- Work with the Director of Content Marketing to drive strategy across HMH’s Social Media platforms. In addition, you work cross functionally with HMH teams and serve as an expert resource on social media best practices for all departments, build and optimize social media content, and collaborate with stakeholders across the company to develop their social media programs and aid outreach in their groups.
- Manage content across the Social Media spectrum on sites like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, etc. Along with the Content Marketing Manager team, you will develop, maintain and socialize companywide Social Media strategies and the content marketing editorial calendar.
- Monitor our social channels, oversee brand reputation, report analytics using social media listening tools, and keep the company up to date on relevant topics and trends. You will work with the Social Media Manager to develop and distribute regular executive reporting.
- Identify new tools to enhance our current ones, and have deep Search Engine Optimization experience. You possess a mastery of Social Media management tools by having used tools like Sprinklr or Hootsuite or something similar. You will work with key internal stakeholders on Social Media best practices including sponsorships, brand strategies, events and corporate communications.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing or related field
- 5+ years of social media experience in a corporate environment or agency
Knowledge and Skills
- Experience marketing B2B solutions or experience in publishing industry preferred
- Understanding of K-12 competitive landscape to inform strategy preferred
- Deep knowledge of social media channels and Management/reporting tools such as Sprinklr, Hootsuite, Google Analytics, and Social Chorus
- Strong strategic and thought leadership skills
- Interest in thinking outside the box to develop an innovative social presence
- Superb verbal and written skills with strong attention to detail
- Ability to work well in a team setting
- Creative thinker able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (NASDAQ:HMHC) is a global learning company dedicated to changing people’s lives by fostering passionate, curious learners. As a leading provider of pre-K–12 education content, services, and cutting-edge technology solutions across a variety of media, HMH enables learning in a changing landscape. HMH is uniquely positioned to create engaging and effective educational content and experiences from early childhood to beyond the classroom. HMH serves more than 50 million students in over 150 countries worldwide, while its award-winning children's books, novels, non-fiction, and reference titles are enjoyed by readers throughout the world.
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status.