As a Senior Designer for HMH’s in-house creative agency, you’ll act as a visual storyteller, helping to market new campaigns and programs. As a Senior Designer, you’re expected to meet the HMH brand aesthetics, employ strong typography, design, and composition skills.
- Conceive of, design, and produce a compelling marketing campaigns to strengthen campaign messaging, draw the reader into the content and distinguish HMH from its competitors
- Ensure your creative exemplifies best in class innovative, conceptually driven, and cohesive design while meeting creative brief requirements, carefully selecting font, photography, and design layout
- Participate in campaign and execution kick-offs and clearly present work during creative pitch meetings, providing an insightful point of view and rationale
- Create (and refer to) style guides for campaigns, translating intent into a brand identity system and ensuring that design/production colleagues have the guidelines necessary to work on other efforts along a given campaign
- Display strong knowledge of the design of existing campaigns (including branding, photography, typography, etc) in order to leverage that creative for efforts along a campaign and don’t overlap key branding elements across various campaigns
- Work on numerous projects at a given time, staying on top of deadlines and proactively communicating any challenges to both account managers and Design Managers
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or related field
- 5+ years of experience in graphic design
- Experience designing for B2B solutions (education publishing industry preferred)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator; willingness and ability to create an elegant, designed “feel” in programs such as PPT and Word that were not written primarily as design vehicles
- Proven track record in developing compelling creative work for complex clients and businesses
- Experience developing strong client relationships
- Speed and agility; ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure, developing creative design within tight deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills
- Expertise in digital channels and marketing
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (NASDAQ:HMHC) is a global learning company dedicated to changing people’s lives by fostering passionate, curious learners. As a leading provider of pre-K–12 education content, services, and cutting-edge technology solutions across a variety of media, HMH enables learning in a changing landscape. HMH is uniquely positioned to create engaging and effective educational content and experiences from early childhood to beyond the classroom. HMH serves more than 50 million students in over 150 countries worldwide, while its award-winning children's books, novels, non-fiction, and reference titles are enjoyed by readers throughout the world.
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status.