As a Designer for HMH’s in-house creative agency, you’ll act as a visual storyteller, helping to market our educational programs and campaigns. As a Designer, you’re expected to have a broad range of skills across print and digital media.
- Conceive of, design, and produce a compelling marketing and sales collateral that meets the brand’s guidelines, strengthens messaging, and draws the reader into the clearly defined content.
- Partners with other designers to ensure new campaigns exemplify best in class, cohesive design while meeting creative brief requirements, carefully executing font, photography, and design layout.
- Display knowledge of the existing creative to leverage that creative for efforts along a campaign and ensure that there are not overlaps key branding elements across various campaigns.
- Create (and refers to) style guides for campaigns, translating intent into a brand identity system and ensuring that design/production colleagues have the guidelines necessary to work on other efforts along a given campaign.
- Communicates any issues regarding schedules and bandwidth to design manager so that projects are kept on schedule.
- Stays on top of digital and design best practices to continually enhance your own design skills and expertise.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or related field
- 2+ years of experience in graphic design or related field
- Experience designing for B2B solutions
- Education publishing industry, preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator; willingness and ability to create an elegant, designed “feel” in programs such as PPT and Word that were not written primarily as design vehicles
- Proven track record in developing compelling creative work for complex clients and businesses
- Experience developing strong client relationships
- Speed and agility; ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure, developing creative design within tight deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills
- Expertise in digital channels and marketing
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (NASDAQ:HMHC) is a global learning company dedicated to changing people’s lives by fostering passionate, curious learners. As a leading provider of pre-K–12 education content, services, and cutting-edge technology solutions across a variety of media, HMH enables learning in a changing landscape. HMH is uniquely positioned to create engaging and effective educational content and experiences from early childhood to beyond the classroom. HMH serves more than 50 million students in over 150 countries worldwide, while its award-winning children's books, novels, non-fiction, and reference titles are enjoyed by readers throughout the world.
For more information, visit http://careers.hmhco.com
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status.