Lead Product Designer
Location: Beverly Hills, California
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Digital Marketing, Web Production
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Design and develop creative solutions to a wide variety of design challenges for site, mobile, commerce, marketing, ad sales, and social products.Lead the pitching, conception, and creation of ticketing experiences.Use research and data to drive design execution.Proactively communicate and collaborate with the Company-wide creative partners for new ideas and experiences.Lead the professional development of the Fandango creative team.Work with and manage contract relationships, as well as building new relationships, both internal and external to the Company.Creative Supervision External; guide and oversee vendor creative development.Establishment, integrate and adherence the Brand Identity Guidelines.Hands on design of concepts, pitch, and production phases.
The Lead Product Designer will have a pivotal role in establishing the creative development of Fandango’s mobile and web products. Working under the direction of the Director, Product Design for Fandango, the Lead Designer serves in interpreting, conceptualizing, and executing Fandango site and mobile experiences. This individual is a creative, conceptual problem-solver with high-end design skills mixed with exceptional people and presentation skills to inspire and drive cutting-edge, award-winning web, mobile, and social media initiatives.
Applicants should have strong leadership skills in both creative development and design thinking. Must be able drive creative brainstorming and translate concepts into production deliverables (sketch, prototypes, storyboards, comps, etc.). The Lead Designer must articulate creative concepts, validated through data and research, in pitch and pre-sales concept sessions to Senior Management and Senior-level business partners. Solid understanding of UI, UX, graphic design, layout, and basic design theories are essential.
• Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science Degree in Fine Arts, Design, Art, or related field.
• Minimum 5 years' relevant experience.
• Proficient with design and prototype software (Sketch, Invision, etc.)
• Experience working in agile product development.
• Must have experience designing for mobile web, native apps and tablets.
• Deep knowledge in the fundamentals provided by Apple in their HIG and Googles Material Design
• Strong sense of ownership and disciplined approach to quality and its affect on an intended audience
• Ability to manage multiple projects and resources and set priorities in order to meet deadlines and reach required creative specifications
• Proactive, strategic critical thinker who also has a high attention to detail and is focused on customer quality
• Ability to problem solve in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
• Team player who understands the value of regular and effective communication and team-based problem solving
• Excellent organizational skills
• Must be very strong with graphic design and layout, user-interface design, user experience, color theory, typography, and illustration
• High-level conceptualization skills are necessary with sketching abilities
• Must demonstrate the ability to set high creative standards by rising above technical limitations
• Must be organized and skilled at meeting deadlines.
• Passionate about the going to the movies.
At Fandango, we love movies. From showtimes and ticketing, to engaging content and innovations in movie going- we strive to deliver the perfect movie going experience—anytime, anywhere. And to be the go-to destination for moviegoers, we think it’s all about collaboration. Anyone can build a website or app, but it takes a special group across many disciplines to create an experience that can live across multiple platforms and connected devices. Thanks to an exceptional team, we’re working hard to make Fandango a little bit better every day. Our 30 million (and growing!) online and mobile monthly visitors can now buy movie tickets at over 25,000 screens nationwide and stay for exclusive trailers, our award-winning original video series, movie reviews, celebrity interviews and more. So, if you’re looking to inspire, be inspired and work at the intersection of entertainment and technology look no further than Fandango. Visit Fandango.com/careers for a behind-the-scenes look at Fandango and follow us on LinkedIn for the latest news and updates. Fandango is an NBCUniversal Company.