VP Advertising Sales
- Full Time
At GasBuddy, we take pride in helping people by building innovative, comprehensive products for millions of gas station owners, fuel retailers and drivers on the road every day - and our world-class team is always up to the challenge. GasBuddy is a place that empowers employees to grow, build and thrive. Whether we’re releasing a new app feature or competing in ping pong tournaments, you’ll be a part of a team that puts in 110%.
The VP, Advertising Sales will define sales and growth strategy toward key customers while aligning with critical sales business objectives. You will identify opportunities and build credibility with customers, utilizing your extensive knowledge of the Digital industry to deliver the value proposition to the customers. You will also be responsible for overseeing the hiring and training of a west coast sales team.
What You'll Do
- Partner with Sales Leaders in each region to plan, coordinate and direct the go to market strategy for GasBuddy Ad Sales; monitors regional team’s performance against budget.
- Work closely with editorial, content, project management, operations, audience development, and digital product development to execute existing and new digital opportunities and products.
- Responsible for expanding existing customer distribution and sell through.
- Be the thought leader in strategizing the integration of digital products and build new products.
- Research potential markets and new business prospects; strategically and proactively develop and pursues potential revenue opportunities with both existing and new customers.
- Work to continually improve sales processes and customer service, maximizing the use of resources to achieve revenue goals and customer satisfaction.
- Partner with sales team to hone sales message ensuring that sales teams have a clear understanding of product set and how to communicate it in the marketplace.
- Work in conjunction with Sales Market Leaders to hire, train, develop, coach and counsel sales staff with a digital focus.
- Work closely with financial services to forecast revenue accurately and with ad operations to ensure that there are adequate levels of inventory to meet revenue goals.
- Develop digital sales budget in conjunction with Sales Market Leaders for all new and existing digital products; monitors budget against performance to ensure that digital sales activities are within budget guidelines.
What We Seek
- Bachelor’s Degree or related discipline.
- 10 years of digital sales management experience with a passion and experience for building people, product, and business.
- Individual must have a high degree of digital and technology skills in a sales environment; must be good with numbers and have the ability to analyze digital data to create a digital sales strategy.
- Must have practical working knowledge of Google Office products, Salesforce.com.
- Clearly articulates, presents and promotes ideas, issues, brand positions and values before various audiences in professional settings such as trade shows, conferences and while performing company-related assignments.
- Demonstrates the ability to identify and solve problems quickly, decisively, and independently.
- Highly organized team player with strong attention to detail, strong interpersonal skills, and ability to manage multiple employee skill levels within a fast-paced environment.
- Strong relationship builder both within the organization and with external partners.
- Extensive travel is required by both ground and air (up to 35%).
GasBuddy is a smartphone app connecting drivers with their Perfect Pit Stop™. With nearly 70 million downloads, GasBuddy is the leader in crowdsourced information to help drivers find the best gas prices, closest stations, friendliest service, cleanest restrooms, tastiest coffee and much more. GasBuddy is the leading source for the most accurate, real-time fuel prices at more than 140,000 gas stations in the U.S, Canada, and Australia. The Company’s B2B Retailer Software-as-a-Service (SaaS), known as GasBuddy Business Pages, provide Fuel Marketers and Retailers their best opportunity to maintain their station information, manage their brand, and promote to their target consumer audience. For more information, visit www.gasbuddy.com
GasBuddy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Hiring and other employment decisions at GasBuddy are made without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, ancestry, national origin, ethnic origin, age, disability, citizenship, veteran status, sexual orientation, record of offenses, marital status, family status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial, or local law, regulation, or ordinance.
To all recruitment agencies: GasBuddy does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, GasBuddy employees or any other company location. GasBuddy is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.