- Full Time
Marijuana Business Daily (MJBizDaily), since 2011 the best-known producer of B2B news and trade shows serving executives and major investors in America's $6 billion cannabis industry, is seeking a business reporter to cover news in the marijuana sector at the national, state and local levels.
We are expanding and seeking talented reporters to join our growing office in Denver. You will receive a competitive salary, paid time off, 401(k) and health benefits, reporting to the Daily (website) Editor. As seen in Inc Magazine, Forbes and the WSJ, we are a highly professional, award-winning, fast-growing company.
- Write a mix of news stories, briefs, analysis pieces and how-to articles for our website, magazine and other mediums.
- Develop a deep understanding of what types of content our audience needs, with a focus on providing business owners with breaking and general news developments.
- Develop solid sources in the marijuana industry.
- Help develop conference content around a variety of issues, both in the main sessions of our big events as well as for pre-conference tracks. This involves coming up with great session ideas and conference themes that appeal to targeted audiences as well as helping to identify speakers for these sessions.
- Moderate panels/conference sessions and speak at our events.
- Conceive of, research and write retail reports, which could range from a 20-page snapshot of what a big development means for companies in the industry to a 50-page report on recent trends.
Required background and skills:
- At least 5 years of experience as a business reporter at B2B publications, newspapers, websites or magazines
- Demonstrated experience covering complex business topics and industries
- Work history at a trade publication, experience creating and sending business-focused newsletters
- Experience developing content across a variety of different mediums, including print magazines, websites, mobile sites, podcasts and video.
- Experience working on business content for conferences and events a plus
- Basic knowledge of the cannabis industry
- Ability to quickly develop expertise in new, unfamiliar beats
- Ability to boil down complex issues into concise, readable and engaging copy
Next Steps: Please include links to 3-4 relevant writing samples.
Marijuana Business Daily is a division of Anne Holland Ventures Inc. Should you be offered a position, please expect to complete a background/reference check. Anne Holland Ventures Inc. is woman owned and an equal opportunity employer.