Gary Zarr & Associates (GZ&A) is a strategic communications and marketing agency in Union Square, Manhattan, working with leading brands, nonprofits, and people doing good. We’re seeking an experienced communications professional with a background of success using the full array of communications tools, in particular, public relations to generate placements in media. The ideal candidate should have 2-3 years of experience developing and implementing successful strategic communications plans aligned across all media channels—PR, social media, email, web, events, and advertising. Digital communications experience is required, including social media, with a heavy emphasis on media relations.
Ideal candidate will possess:
- Proven track record of success in communications, including writing strategic communications plans, press releases, media advisories, talking points, and backgrounders
- Pitching media in order to generate placements
- Familiarity with Cision or other outreach software preferred, but not required
- Success identifying and crafting stories and placing them in media—local, national, international—across both digital and “traditional” media
- Ability to manage and create content for social media, email, and websites
- Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital/social media
- Experience with marketing and communications events
- Excellent writing and speaking skills
- Strong motivation to work with others in a collaborative entrepreneurial environment
- Strong organizational, time management, and interpersonal skills
- Dynamic, positive, resourceful, and willing to grow with the agency, roll up their sleeves, assume ownership of assignments and make a contribution to clients
- Able to work collegially in a team
- Agency experience a plus but not a requirement
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, two relevant writing samples, and media placement highlights.