Sales Manager - Advertising
- Full Time
The Chronicle of Higher Education is seeking a motivated sales executive to grow our corporate advertising business and develop relationships with key buyers and decision-makers at new and existing clients. You’ll drive sales by applying a deep understanding of the client’s needs and offering expertise related to The Chronicle’s product offerings. You’ll own a rich territory with ample opportunity to grow new business with no cap on your commissions.
Candidates can live in: DC, MD, VA, TX, or NY
What you’ll do:
· Drive and grow new business revenue with top existing and potential advertisers
· Partner with Market Strategy and Editorial teams to build integrated marketing programs and engage partners in content growth opportunities
· Build and maintain strong direct relationships with advertisers and industry leaders
· Be an internal advocate for your clients by working with marketing, operations and editorial to respond to partner needs and feedback
· Track, analyze, and communicate key quantitative metrics and business trends as they relate to client relationships
· Meet and exceed all sales goals and objectives, as set monthly, quarterly and annually.
Who you are:
· Bachelor’s degree and 8+ years of experience in advertising, digital, and/or media sales.
· You are a proven sales leader who has managed a pipeline and grown business in your territory, achieving or exceeding revenue goals.
· You have a deep understanding of all forms of advertising, along with insight into the higher education and philanthropy markets.
· You have demonstrated your ability to execute through the entire sales cycle.
· You deliver professional and dynamic product presentations to clients.
Interested candidates should send a resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Sales Opportunity” in the subject heading.
The Chronicle is based in Washington, D.C. Our salaries are competitive and our benefits are among the best in the business, including 5 weeks of paid vacation.
The Chronicle is an Equal Opportunity Employer.