Springer Nature is one of the world’s leading global research, educational and professional publishers. It is home to an array of respected and trusted brands and imprints, with more than 170 years of combined history behind them, providing quality content through a range of innovative products and services. Every day, around the globe, our imprints, books, journals and resources reach millions of people, helping researchers and scientists to discover, students to learn and professionals to achieve their goals and ambitions. The company has almost 13,000 staff in over 50 countries.
- Oversee print and digital sales of Springer Nature books to key wholesale and distribution accounts in North America including medical and library suppliers.
- Collaborate with Springer Nature staff on the successful release of books via Baker & Taylor, Gobi, Ingram, Proquest, Rittenhouse, Login, Bookazine and other partners.
- Think strategically about print performance and works on initiatives to increase efficiency and grow sales. Assume e-book responsibility where overlap exists.
- Provide feedback on results, promotions, and market conditions and collaborate on sales strategies that maximize performance and revenue.
- Maintain customer relations with key wholesale and distribution accounts, managing the distribution of useful information, coordinating aspects of fulfillment and customer service, and regular follow up and tracking to ensure customers are in good standing
- Assist with forecast and annotating of sales figures
- Help to implement and maintain a sales schedule of regular sales activities across the group
- Collaborate with marketing regarding coop plans and budget
- Pursue new business opportunities and revitalizing declines where possible
- Attend trade shows, meetings and publishing conferences, as required
- Perform related duties as required including meeting planning
- Manage relationship to editorial unit and share information as part of global key title initiative
- Assist with project management and training of sales support role
- Internal communication critical to role. Will have frequent interaction with editorial, sales, marketing, publicity, fulfillment/customer service, logistics, data, and finance colleagues
- External communication to include regular contact with key accounts
- Must ensure sales queries and outreach are managed professionally and efficiently
- Collaboration with full time trade marketing colleagues will be essential to strategy and sales initiatives
- Bachelor’s Degree required with minimum of 2 years of sales experience in publishing industry
- Knowledge of Scientific, Technical and Medicinal (STM) and/or Humanities and Social Sciences (HSS) print book market is a plus
- Must be well organized, collaborative, and self-motivated
- Strong oral and written communication skills and presentation skills are a must
- Must be proficient in MS Office; advanced knowledge of Excel is a plus
- Travel domestically and internationally required
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life and AD&D
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Transit Accounts
- Tuition Assistance
- Summer Hours.
Springer Nature is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is
The Law Poster:
Visit the Springer Nature Editorial and Publishing website at www.springernature.com/editorial-and-publishing-jobs for more information about our Research E&P career opportunities.