Palgrave Macmillan specialises in cutting-edge academic books in the Humanities and Social Sciences. It publishes monographs, journals, textbooks, professional and reference works, in subjects ranging from Political Science, Economics and History, to Literature, Linguistics and Business.
Palgrave Macmillan, a part of Springer Nature, is a global cross-market publisher specializing in cutting-edge academic books. We publish monographs, journals, textbooks, professional and reference works, in print and online across the Humanities, Business and Social Sciences. The list contains original works from numerous Nobel Laureates, senior academics, policy makers, and professionals.
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and highly organized Editorial Assistant to work between our Scholarly and Professional Business and Professional Finance programs based in our SoHo, New York office. The ideal candidate will be commercially-aware, target-driven, energetic, and passionate about scholarly and professional publishing.
The Editorial Assistant will provide valuable editorial support to the Business and Finance Editors, will build good relationships with authors, editors and reviewers, and manage day-to-day administation. Specific responsibilities include:
- Managing editorial processes and the peer review process for new proposals
- Following up with authors for revisions and final manuscripts
- Preparing final manuscripts for handover to production
- Checking any required rights, forms and permissions for third party content
- Writing and editing cover copy and blurbs
- Liaising with authors and colleagues in sales, marketing, production and editorial
- Other duties as required
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent; preference for applicants with academic focus in subject area of publishing list
- Have excellent communication and team-working skills to deal with people at all levels both in the company and externally in the practitioner and academic community
- Experience in academic and scholarly publishing preferred
- Extremely organized an able to prioritize a high volume of tasks
- Experience working in an office environment
- Be resourceful and proactive in dealing with problems and queries
- Be able to demonstrate good publishing business awareness and the ability to learn quickly
- Be able to work on their own initiative, as well as part of a team
- Be numerate and computer-literate, with a sharp eye for detail
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life and AD&D
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Transit Accounts
- Tuition Assistance
- Summer Hours
Springer Nature is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is
The Law Poster:
For information about our Research Editorial and Publishing career opportunities please visit the new Springer Nature E&P website at www.springernature.com/editorial-and-publishing-jobs.
Springer Nature is a leading global research, educational and professional publisher, home to an array of respected and trusted brands providing quality content through a range of innovative products and services.
Springer Nature is the world’s largest academic book publisher, publisher of the world’s highest impact journals and a pioneer in the field of open research. The company numbers almost 13,000 staff in over 50 countries and has a turnover of approximately EUR 1.5 billion. Springer Nature was formed in 2015 through the merger of Nature Publishing Group, Palgrave Macmillan, Macmillan Education and Springer Science+Business Media.