Media Relations Manager
The Media Relations Manager (Manager, Public Relations) must be an effective communicator and will be responsible for creating an effective communications channel to media and industry analysts. He/She will manage the flow of news about the organization to the media including identifying new media targets, cultivating and managing media relationships, story mining and media research, competitive analysis and media analysis reports. Strong media contacts a plus.
- Create a strong and effective communications extension to the PR team that focuses on publicity for the company and the media landscape
- Oversee all media relations efforts including dedicated ongoing media outreach, sharing Canon company news, new product news, developing media pitches and story angles, thought leadership, participation in industry events, daily media list audits and refinements
- Develop ongoing detailed competitive analysis and reports including qualitative analysis of competitor coverage and content, SEO, social media integrations, etc.
- Media Analysis reports, including Daily News Summary, tradeshow/PR program analytic reports, deeper intelligence reporting in monthly reports
- Capitalizing on trending topics, relevant thought leadership opportunities and inserting Canon spokespeople into stories in real-time
- Candidate must have at least 10 years PR experience working directly with media and/or industry analysts
- Bring forth strong media contacts and strong understanding of the evolving media landscape
- At least 2-3 years management experience a plus
- Bachelors degree a plus
- Job requires 20% travel