VP of Sales/Associate Publisher
Washingtonian is seeking a VP of Sales Operations/Associate Publisher
- This position will report directly to the Publisher to help manage and oversee a sales department of 10+ people
- Proactively communicate account and sales information to management and sales team, and produce weekly sales forecasts
- Drive ad team revenue through support and client meetings
- Work one-on-one with sales reps to brainstorm new ideas and pitches, cultivate relationships, and to create integrated packages and proposals
- Implement incentives and contests for team
- Support sales team by making sure they have all necessary marketing collateral and promotions
- Prepare and analyze financial data and reports to present to CFO and Publisher
- Confer with Publisher/CFO to outline new policies or sales promotion campaigns
- Work with ad reps on maintaining organized client database and call sheets
- Set agenda for and facilitate weekly sales meetings as needed
- Meet with potential new sales reps
- Ensure employees work and sell with integrity and clearly communicate expectations of performance and establish and maintain a professional and motivated staff
- Minimum 7 years prior experience in sales or marketing role is required.
- Minimum 2 years experience managing a sales team
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, organizational and planning skills
- Proficient MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must be willing to work in downtown Washington D.C.
- Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
- Must possess a driving “want-to win” attitude with a proven track record of sales/marketing achievements
Superior project management skills are necessary
Proven track record in driving, developing and mentoring high performance teams.