Editorial Director, Branded Content
AFAR Media is seeking an editor with at least eight years of writing and editing experience. The ideal candidate should possess editorial acumen, marketing savvy, strong project management skills, a keen understanding of branded content and client needs, exceptional communication skills, attention to detail, and a love of travel. This position will report to the Vice President of Marketing and is based in our New York office.
The Editorial Director, Branded Content’s major responsibilities:
- Conceptualize, assign, write, edit, and produce sponsored and custom content—in the form of print and digital content, social media activations, video, and events—for AFAR’s marketing partners.
- Project manage multiple content programs at a time to deliver a seamless process for in-house stakeholders and external clients.
- Create and execute plans for large-scale custom programs with AFAR partners.
- Work closely with AFAR’s sales and marketing teams to develop innovative and proactive content ideas for marketing partners and to ensure that campaigns meet their KPIs.
- Collaborate with our Senior Designer to ensure all projects are visually compelling and deliver on key messaging.
- Recruit, cultivate, manage, and retain top freelance talent, both editors and writers.
- Work with the AFAR Travel Advisory Council, AFAR Ambassadors, and social media influencers to produce content. Develop and manage influencer partnerships
- Ensure ASME compliance on all projects.
- At least eight years of experience as an editor and writer
- Ability to initiate and manage multiple projects at a time, from start to finish
- Must have an excellent sense of urgency and ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work with multiple teams at once, including, but not limited to design, marketing, sales, and editorial
- Must be a proactive self-starter with a collaborative spirit
- Experience with marketing and advertising a plus.
- Experience with InDesign preferred, familiarity with html, CMS, and analytics a plus.
Please send a resume and relevant examples of work, with the subject line Editorial Director, Branded Content.