Grant Manager, PBS Brand Refresh
- Full Time
The Grants Manager, PBS Brand Refresh serves as the lead in facilitating and managing all aspects of member station sub-grant awards for PBS brand refresh for digital age project. He/she is the primary interface with all PBS member station applicants and stakeholders, including marketing, creative and executive leads. He/she will manage all phases of the grant cycle including posting communications and solicitations; request for proposal process; development of grant eligibility requirements; application and submission tracking in an appropriate database format and system; and will gather all data required for intermittent status reporting and budget purposes until the end of the grant term.
Essential duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Under the direction of PBS Brand Strategist, serve as the primary liaison between PBS station membership, PBS Foundation and business units on brand sub-grant funds
- Ability to comprehend and have a strong understanding of PBS’ membership matrix and internal policies regarding grant management
- Serve as internal reference and provide assistance in response to station inquiries on grant requirements.
- Develop and maintain good working relations with all key stakeholders
- Understand and communicate grant eligibility benchmarks throughout the grant term
- Manage all aspects of brand refresh project reporting and management of station sub-grants, including:
- During grant proposal process:
- Oversee proposal development and application process to ensure that grant requirements conform to PBS policies.
- Gain understanding and develop appropriate budget and spend timeline for individual station grant disbursement, working closely with functional managers.
- Coordinate with PBS multiplatform marketing, brand strategy, finance, foundation and appropriate stakeholders to ensure smooth application process.
- During grant term:
- Ensure all budgets and forecasts are completed accurately and timely and properly support the grant activities in accordance with grant requirements and grant term.
- Coordinate with finance to ensure that funds are distributed in timely manner once grant is awarded so that project work can begin.
- Monitor monthly expenses and station grant status to ensure that spend guidelines are being met.
- Monitor progress against program goals on a regular basis to ensure that deliverables are being met.
- Communicate and direct all stations to assets available; inform internal stakeholders of all pertinent information or issues such as delays in deliverables or eligibility as appropriate.
- Develop and maintain best practices to streamline proposal process; showcase exceptional proposals in various newsletter or intranet portals.
- Manage all grant administration and compliance matters, including after grant term:
- During grant proposal process:
- Serve as a subject matter expert on grant terms and funder agreement.
- Keep all records of grant activity, both hard and electronic copies, to comply with PBS recordkeeping policies
- Maintain final grant documents including final financial report and narrative and other important documents.
- Prepare all summary reports needed by grantors, including but not limited to interim and final report.
- Attend and participate in all brand, marketing and production meetings related to brand refresh strategy and roll out.
- Assist in the preparation, planning and logistics of regional station brand workshops, webinars, meetings and other seminars in coordination with internal stakeholders and agency partners.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements for success:
- 5-7 years project management and/or grant management
- Bachelors’ degree in Finance or a related field; equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- Knowledge and experience with public media structure
- Experience writing and managing the lifecycle of grants preferred
- Strong project management skills
- Diplomacy and responsiveness working with PBS member stations
- A high level of competence to learn process flows
- Ability to understand and learn complicated business processes
- Ability to effectively build relationships with members and internal departments
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Strong knowledge of a budgeting process and metric reporting
- Ability to learn new systems quickly, including adapting/improving processes for greater efficiency and simplicity
- Ability to handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines
- Ability to ensure high level of accuracy in work
PBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Women, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities