Director of Marketing & Communications
Children’s Institute, Inc. (CII) is looking for a creative, innovative, and solutions driven storyteller to join our outstanding team as Director of Marketing & Communications!
Children’s Institute is a compassionate, innovative leader in the fields of trauma focused treatment, youth development and early childhood and family support services. More than 24,000 children and families in some of Los Angeles’ most under-served communities benefit from CII’s commitment to developing and maintaining an investigative learning approach. The work of CII stretches across many disciplines and program structures in order to positively affect the lives of children and families in Los Angeles.
The Director of Marketing & Communications, as the leader of our dynamic Marcoms team, works to tell CII’s story both internally and externally to audiences ranging from employees to donors to clients to national advocates and influencers.
- Creates and implements innovative and compelling integrated marketing strategies and solutions that build and reinforce the CII brand.
- Designs, Creates, and manages digital communications, multi-media and social media to promote CII’s outreach and fundraising campaigns, the impact of CII’s work in our community, involvement/engagement opportunities with community members and other agency priorities as determined throughout the year.
- Develops crisis communications strategy and action plan for CII.
- Collaborates and strategizes with CII’s Development and Technology Departments to leverage the agency’s CRM platform (Raiser's Edge) to provide key data analytics as part of an overall communications and community engagement strategy.
- Provides strategic direction, copy content and production oversight for the design, creation and distribution of all CII materials, as well as provide marketing oversight for CII’s major events serving multiple target audiences.
- Cultivates media relationships to help CII tell their story to a local, regional and national audience.
- Builds collaborative relationships with all staff throughout CII, volunteer leadership, CII’s affiliated agencies and support groups.
- Develops, engages, recruits and schedules CII clients and stakeholders to participate in speaking opportunities and online content on behalf of CII throughout the year.
The position requires:
- A results-oriented leader who can translate business and operations plans into marketing and communications strategies in CII’s complex landscape.
- 7+ years of progressive experience in communications, public relations, marketing, publishing and/or media relations, gained in senior level positions of increasing responsibility and scope at organizations of significant complexity. Demonstrated experience in graphic arts, social media, social media analytics, creating digital and traditional marketing plans and successful digital and traditional marketing and public relations collateral. Demonstrated experience in using social media analytics, market research and data analytics to strategize messaging over multiple channels, including video, electronic media and print.
- Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, journalism, business administration, or related field from a four-year university required.
- A tactical and creative thinker who effectively and constructively will lead CII to consider new and innovative approaches and will work across departments to implement best practices and consistent, customer focused messaging.
- A trusted collaborator who can serve the needs of internal stakeholders, effectively setting goals and providing oversight for the management of projects and expectations.
- A strong problem solver with the ability to step into an unfamiliar situation and add immediate value.
- A flexible, sensitive and adaptable learner who is comfortable with ambiguity and uncertainty, and can lead teams in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to work effectively in a high-need urban environment, with people of diverse cultures, ages and backgrounds. Character and substance; a person with the highest ethical and professional standards.
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary
- Access to continuous training and development
- Free Medical, Dental, and Vision under HMO
- Life insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401(a) and 403(b)
- Generous paid time off
- Company sponsored team building events are always on the horizon
Ex. Spartan race teams, bowling, fit club, and more.
Children’s Institute, Inc. does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.