Director, Ad Operations
The Hollywood Reporter and Billboard are premier media properties focused on covering the entertainment and music industries via leading digital destinations, print publications, and original video programming.
We are seeking a Director of Digital Ad Operations who will be responsible for leading our Ad Operations teams. This person will require strong leadership ability along with 5-7 years of digital media experience. The ability to analyze and solve issues as well as establish best practices across teams will be vital to success in this role.
The mission of this team will be to maximize revenue brought in by both direct sales teams. Experience with the digital platforms that power all revenue channels, and the underlying strategies to optimize each platform, will be a key requirement. This role will set the strategy for short and long-term success of the team through organizational planning, training, and overall team management.
This is a leadership position that will offer great exposure at top levels in the organization. Responsibilities:
- Oversight of Ad Operations team personnel and performance through establishing and tracking to goals and KPIs.
- Oversight of a high volume of live and complex digital ad campaigns; steer expertly to full delivery/high performance; continually grow revenue yield and operational efficiency over time.
- Meet and exceed the needs of the Sales and Account Management teams and their clients through well run campaigns that achieve expected goals.
- Show leadership through example, in resolving procedural and communication issues across all teams, and foster a solution-oriented environment, as well as codifying best practices to avoid future problems.
- Monitor and provide reports as necessary to sales support of issues relating to system performance and impacts on campaign fulfillment.
- Hands-on involvement in optimization of client campaigns and ad operations activities.
- Continually analyze campaigns to evaluate successes and failures both in real-time and after completion.
- Work with the product team on an ad hock basis, testing and validating new ad products, KPIs and ensure product launches are successful.
- Maximize the monetization of our owned and operated sites, partners, and social channels through optimization, process, and effective cross-team communication.
- Ensure strong communication and collaboration with the Account Management team.
- 5-7 years’ experience in all or some combination of digital account management, ad operations, yield management, and programmatic.
- Strong people management and issue resolution skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both internally and across teams.
- Proven ability to navigate a complex media landscape and effectively deliver on operational objectives.
- Demonstrated analytical, strategic and creative problem solving skills. Advanced level data and spreadsheet skills a big plus.
- Deep understanding of campaign optimization and media planning strategies.
- Innovative self-motivator with ability to be resourceful in ambiguous situations.
- Expert knowledge with DFP Ad Server a must.
- Operative, DSPs, Ad Exchanges, Rubicon, Krux or other DMPs a plus.