Motion Graphic Animator - Freelance contract
- Full Time
The Wall Street Journal is seeking a creative and highly talented graphic artist to join our team in New York creating deeply informative and engaging visual storytelling on a freelance basis.Requirements:
- A proven ability to tell stories in creative ways using high-quality graphics, animation, illustrations and video.
- Can work in partnership with text reporters and editors to develop creative visual pieces that get to the heart of the story.
- Should be expert with the tools needed to create 2D and basic 3D animations from scratch, as well as have the ability to create bespoke illustrations.
- Should be able to produce finalized content for different platforms, such as mobile and social.
- An ideal candidate would also have an interest in new technology, such as AR, VR, as well as have an interest in the core subjects the Wall Street Journal covers.
You should be a self-starting idea generator and your reel should demonstrate vision and versatility. An interest in creating innovative styles, video series and story templates is a plus. This is a three month contract position.Strong preference will be given to those who can display skills as an expert editor and animation artist, create well-designed motion graphics and think out of the box about mobile video formats.We expect to see at least three examples of video work that you have shot or edited yourself.Applications should include a resume, cover letter and clips / reel.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put “Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: NEWS/WSJ
Job Category: Art/Graphics Group
The Wall Street Journal is a global news organization that provides leading news, information, commentary and analysis. The Wall Street Journal engages readers across print, digital, mobile, social, and video. Building on its heritage as the preeminent source of global business and financial news, the Journal includes coverage of U.S. and world news, politics, arts, culture, lifestyle, sports, and health. It holds 36 Pulitzer Prizes for outstanding journalism. The Wall Street Journal is published by Dow Jones, a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Req ID: 11021