NBCUniversal Owned Television Stations (OTS) is looking for a dynamic, creative, leader to helm its Digital Research team. Reporting to the VP of Research, the Digital Research Director will manage three quantitative and qualitative specialists, guiding the reporting and analytics across the division’s portfolio of digital properties.
- Produce traffic and impression projections for annual LRP, budgets and key tent pole events
- Conduct advanced analyses for Sr. Management to help identify key audience segments, understand usage patterns and highlight risks and opportunities.
- Oversee day-to-day operations of the digital research team; prioritizing deliverables and balancing support for key stakeholders.
- Provide ongoing support, guidance and training for OTS research directors and other key members of the broader digital teams.
- Collaborate with NBCU counterparts to assure OTS is utilizing all available resources.
- Support sales organization to help identify and capitalize on new market opportunities
- Point person for ad hoc requests from operations, editorial, product and development
- Manage the division’s data management platform (DMP) for audience targeting.
- Regularly present high level summaries to key stakeholders
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 4 years of Research and/or Analytics experience using Adobe Analytics
- A minimum of 2 years of management experience
- Advanced experience with Adobe Analytics
- Expert with Adobe Report Builder, Ad Hoc, Workspace and Site Catalyst
- Ability to create segments and calculated metrics
- Knowledge of s_code, context variables, processing rules, Adobe Analytics admin panel
- Ability to spot problems with data quality and minimize reporting errors
- High productivity with Microsoft Excel including utilization of formulas, filters, and pivot tables to expedite the completion of tasks.
- Understanding of Data Management Platforms (DMPs), ideally Adobe Audience Manager
- Experience with ingestion of data from vendors and advertisers alike
- Experience with creation and management of audience targeting segments
- Ability to synthesize metrics with revenue including traffic and impression projections and business valuations to help guide the product roadmap / new vendors
- Working knowledge of other key tools including comScore, Nielsen DAR / DTVR, @Plan, Scarborough, Adobe Target
- Ability to engage and develop a team of direct
Additional Job Requirements
- Detailed oriented; ability to spot problems with data quality and minimize reporting errors.
- Clear and effective communicator; excellent written and verbal skills
- Passionate about delivering fresh and innovative ideas
- Understanding of digital monetization
- Knowledgeable about research, technology and media industry trends
- Team player with the ability to juggle multiple projects, effectively meet stakeholder’s needs and meet tight deadlines
- Experience with TV Everywhere
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.