Location: New York, New York
Function: Sales & Business Development
Specialty: Business Development, Sales
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
As more and more advertisers embrace digital media, the need for media companies to effectively manage their ad inventory grows dramatically. The ability for Account Executives and Sales management to know what is available, and when, is essential to the business process. The NBCUniversal Digital Media Sales Inventory team is dedicated to providing the highest level of “sales intelligence” while maintaining business flow and ensuring the most effective use of our ad inventory.
In this role, the Analyst, Digital Inventory will be responsible for the processing of Inventory-related requests for an expanding portfolio of ad products across NBCUniversal’s 10 digital entertainment properties & partners such as MVPD’s, Hulu, Youtube, Buzzfeed, and Vox. He/She will determine inventory levels and usage patterns, and coordinate with the Sales Planning team in discussing allocation within a fast paced environment.
Core responsibilities include:
· Coordinate and profitably allocate advertising inventory for all 10 of NBCUniversal’s Entertainment digital sites and partners across various platforms, including, but not limited to: Display, Video, Set-Top VOD, Handheld, Tablet, and custom ad products.
· Considerable focus on supporting Planning effort by providing on-request inventory avails, and final sign off on sales proposals
· Thoroughly review and approve insertion orders through order management system & effectively communicate any discrepancies with planning team
· Provide optimization recommendations to the planning team for campaigns pacing at risk of under-delivery
· Responsible for keeping current processes documented and accurate
Additional responsibilities include:
· Assist Sales Management with reporting needs including proactive inventory reporting, site pacing against forecast, sales management reporting, and any ad hoc campaign reporting requests as needed.
· Collaborate with team on maintaining an Excel-based forecasting tool providing weekly granular and detailed estimates across the digital entertainment properties; Maintain estimates for roadblock products.
· Work with traffic and Planning to manage revenue at risk; provide input and solutions to address campaigns at risk
· Along with team and Sr. Director of Inventory, analyze and understand inventory levers and patterns to refine Excel-based methodologies for forecasting all types of ad inventory
· QA and maintain inventory systems
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
• Online media experience is preferred
• Ad Operations / Inventory Management background strongly desired.
• Proficiency with MS Excel (pivot tables)
• Extensive problem solving skills; strong analytical approach and mindset
• Ability to learn quickly and work independently
• Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast paced environment while managing multiple projects and tight deadlines
• Detail-oriented and organized
• Self-motivated and resourceful
• Ability to effectively communicate and interact with all levels in the organization, both written and verbally
• Attraction to continuous change of digital landscape and a demonstrated ability to thrive in a continuously changing environment
Desired Characteristics :
• Strong knowledge of the digital media business, especially video advertising
• Fluency in the language of digital media and online measurement: Impressions, CTR, CPMs, eCPMs, uniques, pageviews, visits, referrers, viewabililty, etc.
• Knowledge of Operative-1 or similar Order Mgmt. System
• Knowledge of Freewheel or DART DFP
• Passion for the digital business
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.