Digital Content Coordinator (Website Manager)
The Real Deal, the largest real estate-focused media company in the country, is looking for a digital content coordinator to join our award-winning newsroom in Manhattan.
With over 2.6 million visits a month, TheRealDeal.com is the go-to news source for the city’s top real estate, finance and investment professionals. Our coverage includes breaking news, investigative stories, market reports and longform narrative profiles. Our work is regularly cited by the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, and a host of other business publications.
The coordinator will be responsible for creating art and posting reporters’ stories to The Real Deal’s CMS throughout the day, up to 25 items daily. This includes setting up the text in Wordpress, creating and adding art, putting in SEO and tags and setting up slideshows and other rich media-type posts. The coordinator will also help the digital with pushing out the stories on social media platforms, as well as general website duties such as organizing content on the homepage.
The ideal candidate is organized, highly proficient with Photoshop and Wordpress, comfortable with juggling multiple tasks and interested in gaining business journalism experience. We're looking for a creative, visual person who wants to grow within the organization.
- Quick and highly organized is an absolute must
- Photoshop mastery: Collages, cutouts, adding filters, touching up images, coming up with eye-catching art for breaking news feature stories
- Wordpress whiz: You must have experience using the site, or other content management systems
- Basic HTML skills
- Ability to create illustrations is a big plus
- Interest in real estate, development, urban planning and business also a plus
Pay is $20 per hour.