Editorial Manager, Video – Strategic Content
Location: New York, New York
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Digital Marketing, Web Production
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks.
Success in today’s media marketplace demands exceptional talent and an abundance of creativity. NBC News is looking for an Editorial Manager, Video to join our Strategic Content team. We need a Swiss army knife of a person: an unrivaled a content developer with success making stuff for screens of all sizes and a editorial visionary with a track record of rare ideas.
Here’s what you’ll do: Leverage some of the most influential news brands in the world to conjure great editorial programs with great advertising hooks that clients and audiences will both love. Rinse and repeat.
If this is you, we want to hear from you.
Develop and produce video content to support monetization for all – TV and Digital – platforms.Create pilots for new video show and franchise ideas to pitch for sales and licensing opportunities.Generate insanely creative content ideas to enhance competitive positioning for all platforms.Work closely across the news organization to execute content programs.Collaborate between digital and TV teams. Be an evangelist for the ‘all-platforms’ mentality.Position NBC News, TODAY and MSNBC as a ‘go to’ content partner for clients in the news marketplace by demonstrating excellence in vision, ideas and execution.Identify opportunities for news innovation and lead execution on projects.
• 8+ years of experience creating content, ideally with some of that time producing for TV and some for Digital.
• Exceptional editorial leader who understands the nuances and standards needs of strategic content.
• Creative thinker who can develop and communicate a compelling vision, and lead through to execution of ideas.
• Deep understanding of the news marketplace and the opportunities for strategic content.
• Exceptional communication skills, particularly with articulating strategy and positioning to clients and internal stakeholders.
• Competitive mindset - always looking to outpace competitors and improve positioning for NBC News and MSNBC.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.