JobHero, a fast-growing website that provides resources to help jobseekers land their next position, is seeking a seasoned and savvy web editor/content manager to join our content team.
We are looking for a creative thinker who can both develop a stellar editorial calendar based on extensive research and build and manage a team of best-in-class writers. She/he is highly organized and knows their way around an Excel spreadsheet. Our ideal candidate has an obsessive eye for detail and copyediting, can dig into web analytics to make informed decisions, and is an SEO whiz with a great instinct for what works in organic search as well as on social media. We are currently overhauling the site, so a proactive individual who is brimming with ideas that will help us take our content to the next level is highly preferred.
We work within a deadline-driven, fast-paced environment to produce high-quality content at scale, and are looking for someone who will thrive in that environment. Great perks include flexible hours and working remotely with a team that is passionate about making a difference in the lives of millions of job-seekers each month. Experience in career, how-to, or education-related web content is a big plus.
- Hire and manage a freelance writing team to create engaging career advice articles
- Conduct competitor and keyword research to identify high-value topic ideas
- Manage content processes, from topic selection through the editing and posting process
- Launch and maintain social media presence
- Collaborate on new content initiatives and site enhancements
- 5+ years of web editing or content management experience, including topic curation, writer recruiting, copyediting, and social media management
- Knowledge of SEO best practices and keyword research techniques
- Experience using Google Analytics and/or other analytical tools
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Experience managing a high weekly content output and tracking KPIs
Before applying for this position, please spend some time on our website: jobhero.com. In your application, please include a few ways you think you can specifically contribute to helping our team up our game and create a better experience for our users.