- Full Time
Concern Worldwide U.S.
We are Concern Worldwide. Maybe you’ve heard of us? If not: We have been working in some of the world’s poorest communities since 1968. That’s right – we’re 50. We’re celebrating that milestone a bit this year, but remaining laser-focused on our work. We’re needed now more than ever. And we are focused on making even greater impact, delivering more assistance faster, and helping change millions more lives.
That’s where you come in.
We are looking for a Marketing Manager who is going to be both a leader and a doer, and who will jump right in and help us continue to expand and upgrade our marketing operations. It’s an opportunity to join a dynamic, growing organization at a pivotal time. The work you will do will help to change lives in the places where change is most needed.
We’re pretty amazing, and there’s more on us below, but…
…about you. You are:
- Passionate. Compassionate. You want to come to work and feel inspired every day. You want to help change the world by touching the millions of lives your work will make possible.
- Creative. You think big. You also think critically, and with an ROI lens on everything you do. As a result you create solutions that are unique and will drive results.
- Entrepreneurial. You are stepping into a new role, so there will be plenty of room to have real influence and impact. You will have some great partners on the communications and marketing teams. Imagine not just a marketing unit, but a marketing lab.
- A team player, and a team leader. Your teammates are already driving real results for the organization. There waiting not just to partner with you, but to learn from you.
- Action-oriented. You know how to get things done. You love to set challenging goals and then develop plans to deliver and achieve them
- Fast-paced. You can move quickly and smartly. When new opportunities emerge, you move quickly to capitalize on them
- Organized and efficient. You know how to manage complex projects. You can communicate clearly and concisely. The moment you see a problem, you quickly come up with solutions and then implement them
- Comfortable with creatives and quants. You can work closely with designers and creatives, but aren’t intimidated by spreadsheets and people who communicate with data. You know how to use metrics to create a detailed marketing plan that can be quantified and measured.
- Driven by digital. You are a digital-native who has a deep understanding of all digital platforms and channels. You know that a marketing strategy on Instagram should be different than one on Facebook, you know how to create an SEO/SEM strategy, and you know how to develop and deliver successful campaigns
- Fun. The work we do is very serious, but the spirit of humor and humility runs deep in our culture. We smile, we laugh, we get together, and we’re looking for someone who wants to do the same.
You will report to the Communications Director as part of the Communications team based at Concern Worldwide US headquarters in New York City. You will also work shoulder to shoulder with our Individual Giving team and Database Manager. You will directly supervise, coach, and mentor the Marketing Officer.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Working closely with the Director and VP, Communications, and the Database Manager, provide vision, leadership, and strategy for sustainable growth across the digital and direct mail spectrum.
- Lead marketing and advertising strategies across web and social channels, including implementing effective messaging and appeal strategies.
- Lead digital content marketing strategy, including conceptualizing, planning, creating, placing, and repackaging content to build awareness, drive engagement, and improve conversion of audiences such as existing supporters and donors, priority influencers, and prospective new donors.
- Manage relationship with direct mail consultancy to ensure quality, performance, and coherence with Concern’s broader marketing strategies.
- Collaborate with the Database Manager to develop Concern’s email strategy and ensure integration with other marketing efforts.
- Act as SEO lead for Communications team, providing strategic and tactical guidance on content creation and optimization.
- Work closely with the Database Manager to develop Concern’s understanding of its audiences — including their preferences, behaviors, and motivations — through careful experimentation and testing.
- Work with Database Manager and Communications team to optimize all donor journeys/funnels to maximize engagement and income.
- Work closely with other members of the Communications and Development team to define ambitious yet achievable campaign KPIs.
- Regularly monitor performance across all channels (including social and web analytics), suggesting tactical adjustments as necessary and providing weekly, monthly, and annual reports on all campaign activity as well as comprehensive end-of-campaign reports.
- Act as media relations and PR lead when necessary.
- Act as a brand management lead to ensure that all marketing and communications materials maintain visual and verbal brand consistency.
You must have a minimum of 5 years of experience in digital and direct mail fundraising. The successful candidate will display a strong passion for Concern. They should have a proven track record growing fundraising programs.
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree and/or record of continuing professional development preferred.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Experience and expertise in developing and implementing cohesive, innovative, aggressive, and integrated direct response strategies that have resulted in measurable and significant growth in net revenue and donor base.
- Demonstrated success in developing and implementing robust content marketing, search engine marketing, earned media, social media, and paid advertising strategies in the nonprofit space.
- Demonstrated success creating strategic appeal campaigns that communicate the case for support to individuals of various backgrounds.
- Demonstrated success maintaining an enterprise-wide perspective and utilizing strong analytical skills to maximize ROI.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and to motivate others.
- Strong capacity for budgeting and negotiation.
- Strict adherence to ethical and confidentiality guidelines.
- A strong track record as an effective, team-oriented leader and a thoughtful collaborator.
- Knowledge of planning, finance, budgeting, and development information systems.
- Must be eligible to work in the US at time of application.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Strong commitment to the mission of Concern Worldwide; familiarity with or interest in the humanitarian or development sector a plus.
- Can-do positive attitude and team orientation.
- A deep, broad knowledge of industry best practices, standard operating procedures, new approaches to digital fundraising and direct mail programs, system integration, and organizational efficiency.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate effectively and concisely (both in writing and orally); listens as well as gives advice, and respects the abilities of others.
- Exceptional organization, analytical, strategic planning, and research skills.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to solve problems and excel in a high-performance culture.
- Ability to maintain professionalism while completing responsibilities in a precise, dedicated, and flexible manner.
- Creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit; someone who is willing to try new ideas and think “outside the box,” and will motivate the team to do the same.
- A positive attitude and proven success as a strong, diplomatic mentor.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines while maintaining disciplined adherence to program goals. Must work well under pressure.
- Business and/or Marketing degree preferred.
- Experience with marketing automation platforms such as Pardot, Marketo, or Hubspot an advantage.
- Working knowledge of Salesforce and Wordpress a plus.
MORE ABOUT US:
Concern Worldwide is an international humanitarian organization committed to the relief, assistance and advancement of the poorest people in the least developed countries of the world. Founded in Ireland in 1968, Concern Worldwide has nearly 4,000 personnel working in 26 countries across the globe. Concern believes in a world where no one lives in fear; where all have access to a decent standard of living and the opportunities essential to a long, healthy and creative life. Our mission is to help people living in absolute poverty achieve major improvements in their lives, improvements that are sustainable without ongoing support from Concern.
Concern Worldwide US is an independent affiliate of Concern Worldwide, with offices in New York and Chicago. Our mandate is to support the work of Concern Worldwide by financially supporting programs, representing Concern with national/international co-funders and organizations, facilitating the recruitment of personnel and raising the organization’s profile. In the area of communications, Concern Worldwide US is recognized by the wider Concern network and peer organizations as a leader in the production of world-class content as an essential tool for building awareness, engagement and income to support life-saving efforts around the globe. Concern Worldwide US also engages in development education programs with the general public and with high schools in the US.