Content Strategy Lead
Our client, a global agency, is looking for a Content Strategy Lead to join their team immediately. This is an onsite and ongoing, several month freelance assignment.
As Manager of Content Strategy, you provide leadership to the content team by understanding, applying and disseminating content best practices as part of a larger, cross-functional team. You collaborate with creative and technical teams as well as subject matter experts across product lines to understand and help support strategic business objectives and customer requirements by:
* Providing content and brand recommendations that help the business and its customers achieve their goals based on information obtained through site audits, competitive assessments, user testing, and site metrics
* Generating and/or overseeing an inventory of all site content, including related assets
* Creating and/or reviewing site structure and nomenclature for the most intuitive presentation of content
* Ensuring content is structured properly for any relevant backend systems including CMS, DAM, and/or PIM
* Developing taxonomies and tagging strategies
* Contributing to technical system evaluations (such as CMS, DAM, and/or PIM) from a content perspective in terms of requirements
* Overseeing content migration and creating or reviewing associated documentation
* Contributing to definition and management of, as well as periodic updates to, content governance and workflow (including content creation, content entry, publication, and decommission)
* Responsible for management of, as well as periodic updates to, personalization and content tagging strategies for the site
* 5-7 years' experience in online content strategy
* Experience leading content or cross-functional teams
Degree in English, Library Science, Journalism, Technical Writing, Marketing or equivalent military experience preferred
This is a great opportunity to get your foot in the door and work with an amazing team!