Product Manager - BIS
The Product Manager II will be a member of one or more agile teams and own one or more product features. They will lead project execution and represent their feature(s) within the cross-functional team. They will own building, prioritizing, and maintaining the agile team backlog.
- Is aware of customer needs and collaborates with external product management in their prioritization.
- Understands how his/her role impacts customer satisfaction.
- Analyzes and interprets what is happening in the market, driven by the latest news/incidents, particularly competitive announcements and events.
- Attends research sessions to learn about and puts plans in place to action customer feedback.
Data-Driven Decision-Making & Analysis
- Actively gathers data from multiple sources (customer, market analysis, sales and revenue, etc.) to drive solutions to business problems and issues of consequence to the company.
- Demonstrates the ability to make trade off decisions between potential product capabilities.
- Evaluates product hypotheses in a quantitative manner, including AB testing for interactive products.
- Effectively manages day-to-day issues and problems without intervention.
- Generates new ideas by analyzing product data for insights.
Product Delivery & Development Lifecycle
- Solves customer issues with product features that achieve business goals and metrics.
- Has a deep understanding of his/her feature area and develops prototypes.
- Participates in product discovery, according to defined process, for new product development.
- Is familiar with SDLCs as identified by management, e.g. agile processes.
- Manages portions of the product lifecycle and authors the objectives for the upcoming PI planning.
- Keeps manager and business apprised of progress and knows when to escalate
Strategy & Commercial Acumen
- Understands strategic product vision and priorities for a feature area, and champions future product direction.
- Is aware of what is required for a product to be a commercial success.
- Continuously aims to meet customer expectations without compromising the commercial viability of the product.
- Facilitates with other groups to make the goals of the go-to-market team achievable.
- Considers high-level technical approaches to use when prioritizing functionality.
- Is proficient in various technologies to assist day-to-day tasks (Excel, Balsamiq, Tableau, Python, SQL, etc.).
- Has a firm grasp of data and technical architecture principles and best practices.
- Continually develops depth and breadth in key competencies
- Takes concrete actions relating to feedback to improve performance
- Actively seeks feedback from others
- Understands own strengths and weaknesses and looks for opportunities to build on both
Solves Problems and Analyzes Issues
- Is able to ask effective questions and collect facts from multiple sources in order to solve problems
- Is able to effectively identify and analyze problems and propose solutions
- Effectively manages day-to-day issues and problems without intervention
- "Brainstorms" with others to look for different approaches to current process and tasks
- Looks for opportunities to develop new ideas or thinking within own role
- Experiments with new ideas as part of role
Communicates Powerfully and Prolifically
- Demonstrates effective conversational skills, including active listening and questioning
- Shares information relevant to own role
- Participates in team presentations
Collaboration and Teamwork
- Encourages co-operation between all members of the team
- Seeks team members' input and expertise; facilitates open and interactive discussion of matters affecting the team
- Helps people to resolve conflict
- Identifies and removes barriers to team performance
- Identifies ways for further collaboration across teams
- Establishes rapport with others on the team and across teams
- Works effectively with others to get work done
- Treats all individuals with respect
- Handles difficult situations, minimising conflict
Inspires and motivates others to high performance
- Brings enthusiasm to the team
- Gets to know others in the team and what is important to them
- Observes behaviours and models self after the others
- Leads by example by performing at high levels
Drives for Results
- Works hard to achieve objectives
- Stays focused on key commitments
- Works with others to achieve joint goals
- Looks to overcome obstacles or barriers to performing
- Recognized as full owner of a product or multiple features
- Identified, led and released changes or enhancements that improved customer in satisfaction and/or commercial impact.
- Demonstration of thorough product development knowledge, include the ability to develop related business cases, content and product plans.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in a technical subject (Computer Science or Engineering discipline) is preferred.
About LexisNexis Business Insight Solutions (BIS)
With more than 6000 customers in over 100 countries LexisNexis Business Insight Solutions (BIS) is the world's leading provider of critical business information. In fact, we've been helping businesses make smarter decisions since 1976 by utilizing our unmatched collection of news and business information services.
We believe that success comes from working with diverse individuals, thoughts and backgrounds. In LexisNexis BIS, we aim to ensure all cultural differences are valued and reflect the diversity of our clients, making LexisNexis a rewarding place to work. We strive to develop our diverse pool of talent with experiences and perspectives that create a culture of inclusion and empowerment; one that fosters innovation and increased business growth.