Director, Direct-to-Consumer Content Strategy
Location: Orlando, Florida
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Branding, Digital Marketing, Social Media
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Oversee the direct-to-consumer content strategy for all GOLF direct-to-consumer programs and businesses, constantly evaluating and identifying opportunities to create new content-based revenue streams and extract value from existing content assets.Provide subject matter expertise in regard to paid content strategies with deep functional expertise and solid technical knowledge to help address critical business problems in a scalable and sustainable fashion.Lead the multi-platform direct-to-consumer content strategy and execution across our various DTC businesses, focusing on accelerating revenue generation, member engagement and value.Implement best-practices around content pay walls, member content trials, and content distribution for all DTC platforms including digital, connected tv, social and others.Partner with appropriate teams to ensure the appropriate content distribution strategy is in place and followed for all DTC content, constantly monitoring and measuring performance, testing and evolving to drive revenue generation and member satisfaction. Lead the development and constant evolvement of our content windowing strategies, plotting platform-specific strategies for all DTC platforms across traditional, digital, connected, social and other channels.Constantly measure and analyze direct-to-consumer content KPIs, recommending and leading adjustments as necessary to strategy and execution to ensure we exceed revenue goals and profitability.
Partner with the appropriate teams to collect and analyze member data across GOLF products and programs, providing actionable insights for DTC revenue-generation as well as new business opportunities.Manage multiple content priorities and roadmaps, always keeping a close eye on performance and member wants/desires/needs/feedback to ensure all revenue and membership targets and satisfaction goals are met.Stay up-to-date with industry trends, opportunities as well as consumer tastes to ensure our direct-to-consumer products are on the cutting edge and constantly evolving, ensuring member satisfaction and retention.
Direct-to-Consumer is a key priority for GOLF with fast moving and aggressive growth goals. This role must operate with a startup and entrepreneurial mentality, a quick learner, that works in a deep partnership with the business.
The Director, Direct-to-Consumer Content Strategy will be responsible for driving revenue growth by developing the content strategy for all direct-to-consumer programs, basing strategy on sound member research and behavioral analysis. The successful candidate will aim to accelerate the growth, expansion and profitability of our current programs while also partnering in the ideation, buildout and development of new direct-to-consumer opportunities.
• Possess 7-10+ years of content strategy or publisher experience
• In depth understanding and knowledge of content platforms that involve direct customer contact, including but not limited to digital, VOD, streaming, connected TV and others.
• Experience driving revenue directly from consumers using a variety of content and platform approaches
• Demonstrated success in working in a startup environment, with the ability to juggle multiple priorities, projects and programs.
• Experience engaging and influencing internal and external stakeholders and the ability to work horizontally as well as vertically.
• Experience in creating, implementing, managing and measuring multi-platform content strategies and member engagement.
• Experience presenting and articulating complex concepts, possessing excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal
• Demonstrated experience working with multiple stakeholders including sales, operations, technology and end-uses/members.
• Strong business acumen with a desire to develop and build new programs, processes and systems to support direct-to-consumer products and services
Additional Job Requirements
Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered (note job #: 40784BR)
Must be willing to work in Orlando, FL.
Willingness to work overtime, and on weekends with short notice (if applicable)
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
GolfNow, a division of Golf Channel is the internet’s largest online tee time reservation service, trusted by more than 1.5 million golfers. Using leading-edge technology, GolfNow provides more ways for golfers to stay connected to their favorite golf courses and tee times through the web, e-mail and mobile applications. As a partner to golf courses, GolfNow provides turnkey solutions to their operations (www.golfnowsolutions.com) with the main areas of focus on:
• Online marketing and distribution of tee times
• Web hosting, development and customer management solutions
• Revenue optimization, database expansion and other course products