Virtual Content Writer (Contract)
Strategize and create original, expertly written, and customer-oriented work for blogs, newsletters, webpages, or social media for a content marketing firm based in Miami, Florida.
We are looking for a team member who…
- Works well in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Willing and able to respond quickly to requests.
- Errs on the side of over-communicating. The more updates and details you can provide regarding the status of the work assigned to you as well as any needs you have in order to complete it – the better.
- Cares about putting forth high quality work.
- Handles changes and requests with grace. Adjusts work to suit suggestions from The Found Gen and the client.
- Likes to take ownership of tasks and responsibilities and is proactive about finding better, more efficient ways of doing things.
- Wants a long-term partnership.
- Able to work in a virtual office. Highly organized and self-motivated. Has excellent time-management skills.
- Able to write for multiple industries and to multiple audiences. Transition easily between different tones of our clients.
- Work together with Clients and Account Executives/Content-Strategists to determine content strategies that achieve the client’s marketing goals
- Create and maintain a style guide for clients, establishing a particular voice specific to the client for which you are writing
- Work together with Account Executives/Content-Strategists to generate topic ideas for assigned clients
- Research topics and write copy that will help clients achieve their marketing goals and strategies
- Create content that represents our clients as the authority in their respective professional fields
- Coordinate with client's content schedule to produce quality work in a timely manner
- Contribute to The Found Gen's internal content strategy by producing blog copy and/or sales collateral
- Writes material in conformity with the company formatting and content standards
- Prioritize workflow to complete high-urgency assignments
- Proofread the work of other content writers
Desired Skills & Experience:
- BA in English, Writing, Marketing, Public Relations or similar field.
- Excellent content writing skills
- Strong proofreading skills
- Experience with WordPress
- Strong research skills
- Ability to learn and adapt to use of technologies to assist in job completion
- Detail Oriented
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong time management skills
- Knowledge of popular social media sites and implementation of social media marketing
Expected Time Commitment:
- 60 Hours per month (average of 15 hours per week)
- Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org